Beefmaster

Help Support CattleToday:

i have had them for 20 years . what do you want to know ......

I raise angus. My friend is looking into beefmaster and I was trying to find out all about them to help her with her decision. I will be helping her get started and would like to know what i am getting into. Are they hearty? How is there weight gain etc. I just would like to know a little more about them from a ranchers point of view not the person who is trying to make a sale. It may be a possibility that in the future we will want to make a change. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 8)

I have Beefmaster blood in many of my cows and so do my neighbors. There are a few Beefmaster ranches around here like any other beef breed and I have never heard anything bad about them. Now there is alot of negative talk about Charloias in particular because of the number of calves that people end up having to pull. But my neighbors are happy with their Beefmaster crosses and so am I. My last two bulls came from my neighbors and they were part Beefmaster,Red Brangus and Simmental. I am now running a polled Hereford. What part of the country are you in?

would beefmasters do good cows do good in ky. if so would you use a beefmaster bull or beefmaster cows. what would you cross with them besides charolaise. last where is a good place to find reasonable beefmaster or beefmaster crosses in or close to ky. i live about 45 min south from louisville an hour north from bowling green and an hour west of lexington ky. plan to keep heifers and sell steers at local stockyard

friend":1c2kljdd said:
would beefmasters do good cows do good in ky. if so would you use a beefmaster bull or beefmaster cows. what would you cross with them besides charolaise. last where is a good place to find reasonable beefmaster or beefmaster crosses in or close to ky. i live about 45 min south from louisville an hour north from bowling green and an hour west of lexington ky. plan to keep heifers and sell steers at local stockyard
I would cross Black or Red Angus or a Polled Hereford on them. Go for Quality. These calves will out sell any other breed that you would cross them with.

friend":1j505si6 said:

i use angus bulls on beefmaster cows has worked for me . the heifers make great cows steers sell good at local sale barn . go to the BBU website you will be able to find breeders info there.

friend":4uhnvnce said:

http://www.sebba.com/

try this website for breeders

Copenhagen & Shiner Bock":39hnpo5l said:
How close do you live to Munfordville?
what about simangus bull. 35 mi at most from munfordville how much is a commercial beefmaster cow or heifer

i am NOT a farmer or rancher nor do i claim to be. my father is a farmer and he is trying to to bring in a better breed for his farm. the question i have is , which breed would work the best in the type of area that he lives in. it is mountanous, rainy and the terrain is ugly. does anyone have any suggestions ?

rookiecowman":ku4106wd said:
i am NOT a farmer or rancher nor do i claim to be. my father is a farmer and he is trying to to bring in a better breed for his farm. the question i have is , which breed would work the best in the type of area that he lives in. it is mountanous, rainy and the terrain is ugly. does anyone have any suggestions ?

Is this place in the U S of A?
If so, where?

Latest posts