Beefmaster vs Red Brangus

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Which performs better in pasture in very hot and very humid environments: Red Brangus or Beefmaster? I am looking to start a new breed, grass roots, in a country where Brahman has 99% market share on beef cattle. I am looking for efficiency on pasture, better productivity (more weight in less time), better management, and better meat. The calves will have to be sold to Brahman farmers to improve their herds.

Ganaderia Especializada":pbcaa2s8 said:
Which performs better in pasture in very hot and very humid environments: Red Brangus or Beefmaster? I am looking to start a new breed, grass roots, in a country where Brahman has 99% market share on beef cattle. I am looking for efficiency on pasture, better productivity (more weight in less time), better management, and better meat. The calves will have to be sold to Brahman farmers to improve their herds.
are you in Mexico?

the only thing i can tell you is to take into account that a beefmaster is half brahman and most registered brangus are 3/8 brahman.

I am not sure about Red Angus but Beefmaster cattle were established in south Texas by Tom Lasater and he used the 1/2 brahman 3/4 shorthorn, and hereford to produce beef and make money, The bid stout calves will dollar out more being worth your while to produce the growthy calves

BEEFMASTER! I dont think I can emphasize it enough. As Derek F said, the beefmaster breed was founded in Falfurias(sp?), TX and are very heat tolerant. As for production, they are excellent. Beefmaster mommas are some of the best mommas out there; good milking, good disposition, but still careful and protective. Defintely the best choice for the South. Good Luck!

Ganaderia Especializada":32i5oxyr said:

The 3/8th Brahman, 5/8th Angus red or black was engineered in South Louisiana by the USDA in Jenerette about 10 miles from the Gulf of Mexico in the 1930's to produce a breed that would increase production in that enviorment. They have the advanage of the Brahman influence of longgivity, mothering, hardyness, and easy calving with fast growth. They are insect and heat resistant and do well in colder climates. They will grade on the scale of pure Angus and the small amount of ear will not be discounted in most markets. They are cleaner than the other breed you are conserdering, and will have a solid color. These are all economic traits that should be considered.

Latest posts