beefmaster or brangus

Help Support CattleToday:

trin

Reaction score
to all that have used both brangus and beefmasters whether cows or bulls wich did you like the best and why

tough call!

beefmaster get bonus points for disposition.
by mating beefmaster cows with angus bulls you get the best of both worlds. a brangusy calf that is acceptable to buyers and a bit more laid back.

you cannot go wrong with either breed. and both cross well with most breeds. anyone got a coin?

I have had beefmaster bulls, and still have beefmaster cows, as well as brangus cows. I like both breeds too. But, I am a bit partial to the beefmasters. Disposition is huge key for me, and they are one of the tamest breeds I have had.

This is a tough call, I like Brangus with a Hereford bull, calves will ring the bell at the salebarn. I believe I would side beefmaster as I prefer a red cow as you have more options.

aint a tough call for me when it come's to either its brangus hands down . beefmasters are too unpredictable to suit me. i like beefmaster moma's ok. good momas bred to something else.

ALACOWMAN":9i4altrg said:
aint a tough call for me when it come's to either its brangus hands down . beefmasters are too unpredictable to suit me. i like beefmaster moma's ok. good momas bred to something else.
i to go with the beefmaster bull on the cows.beefmasters are gentle an easy to handle.less ways my beefmaster bull is.

I run both brangus and beefmaster mommas. The beefmaster mommas maintained better on poor quality pasture than the brangus mommas. I use a beefmaster bull and have kept some heifers from the brangus cross. I plan to breed them in june to a brangus or angus bull.

Beefmaster all the way and this is why

1.Calves are gonna out weigh the brangus calves at weaning
2.the cows give more milk than brangus cows
3. Fewer calving problems
4.Dispositon
5.requires less attention than brangus and they're more profitable and beefmaster do better than brangus in the sale ring because brangus still have ears like brahman so the get docked

even if you get more per pound for a brangus it wont be much more than a beefmaster and the beefmaster will weigh more at weaning so your check will be bigger despite the brangus bringing a nickel more.If it were me I would angus or brangus cows and put a beefmaster bull with em so I can that black color and the beefmaster performance nolan ryan has a beef program and pays a premium for those kind of cattle any to sum things up

BEEFMASTER ARE ALL AROUND BETTER

I agree with Beefy; tough call.

I have both and like them both.

I like the beefmaster disposition better.

As far as calves go a brangus baldy (crossed with hereford) is hard to beat. BUT a beefmaster crossed with a char. throws some really nice yellows, and crossed with an angus will yield some nice calves as well. I would have to agree with Caustic that the Beefmaster cow gives a cattleman more options.

Why pick; just have both!

yeah but thats your herd as a whole brangus don't perform as well as beefmaster and 600 pounds is a great weaning weight but its not out of the ordinary for a beefmaster to wean at 700 pounds on the average and beefmaster cows ability to turn grass into beef is second to none I bet anything on the average a beefmasters will out perform brangus in every aspect to be looked at by a cattleman you name ad they will beat em

I would have thought that you might have gotten another recommendation based on your area.

Do eared cattle do well where you are?

manaftergodsheart413":ribf2j22 said:
yeah but thats your herd as a whole brangus don't perform as well as beefmaster and 600 pounds is a great weaning weight but its not out of the ordinary for a beefmaster to wean at 700 pounds on the average and beefmaster cows ability to turn grass into beef is second to none I bet anything on the average a beefmasters will out perform brangus in every aspect to be looked at by a cattleman you name ad they will beat em

i dont know about that, i'd say they are pretty much equal. honestly.

Wewild":2tzocwe3 said:
I would have thought that you might have gotten another recommendation based on your area.

Do eared cattle do well where you are?
they do pretty good cause of the environment but you will take a hit at the sale barn but most serious breeders sale to individuals anyway so it really doesnt hurt them

Beefy":3by7itnp said:
manaftergodsheart413":3by7itnp said:

i dont know about that, i'd say they are pretty much equal. honestly.
I dont think so I tell you what go to some websites of different breeders and for both breeds and I am willing to bet that beefmaster weigh more on the average than brangus

Latest posts