Beefmaster Cow bred to a Hereford X Charolais Bull ????

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefmaster cows are good, but don't know about using a Hereford/Char cross bull I usually try to stick to purebred bulls.

as said the beefmaster cow is good.but i dont know about using that crossbred bull on her.

ricebeltrancher":3iwjwm6s said:
That calf would be any color under the sun.
That's generally the case with any Beefmaster. Tom Lasater didn't include color as one of the essentials and didn't give 2 hoots in hades what the progeny's color or pattern would be.

greybeard":cfs1ton2 said:
ricebeltrancher":cfs1ton2 said:
That calf would be any color under the sun.
That's generally the case with any Beefmaster. Tom Lasater didn't include color as one of the essentials and didn't give 2 hoots in hades what the progeny's color or pattern would be.

Even the breed association has forgotten this…but very well stated.

If the cow is good, the bull is good, and his parents are/were good, then hopefully the calf is good…plenty of genetic variation there, though.

Thanks for all of the information, I do appreciate it... I have already turned the bull in with the cow's. He is a really good crossbreed bull that was home raised and the cow's are very nice cow's. I am new to the beefmaster breed, so was not sure about the cross.

Also I have talked to a few ranchers that have ran beefmasters in the past, and they were telling me that beefmasters are bad about prolapsing... have any of you had any issues with this?

ive had reg beefmasters for 7yrs.and i havent had any prolapse probs yet.but know this any breed or crossbreed of cattle can prolapse.but that doesnt mean theres a prob with in the breed.