Beefmaster Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy

Reaction score

Two Bulls I have for sale. I got a guy coming to look at the dark red one tomorrow. I get a lot more calls about the dark red one but I like the light red with horns better. Was wondering which y'all like better. Are people just more interested in the dark red cause no horns. The photo with two bulls is the dark red one and his younger full brother.

I would say it's because of the horns. The trend seems to be everything polled these days. And I think alot of people are afraid of anything with horns.
They are both good looking bulls.

wacocowboy":2q27ua1j said:
I guess I should start dehorning them.

It may be that they have them period. I personally don't mind a cow or two that's toting. My bull is 50% of my calf crop though.

wacocowboy":wrbo0ty0 said:
I guess I should start dehorning them.
I think you would come out in the long run. None of the guys I run with will buy a horned cow or bull.
Lot of that is an age thing bunch of old men don't want to mess with them.

Well the red bull sold today but not without an adventure. He was a bit of a handful to load here at my house didn't want to go in the trailer. Got to the vet got him tested he was fertile as could be. Went to load him back and he wasn't having it. He spun around several times before getting between the trailer and the fence and squeezed his way out. Into the parking lot and down the street. Lucky he turned into some people's yard and got into a pasture the vet has behind his place. He mixed in with the vet's cows we called them up with cubes. Got him separated and run into a pen then back into the trailer only spun once then up into the trailer. I guess he just wanted me to have one final memory of him lol. Guy got him home no problem and bull is now meeting his new ladies. So I guess happy ending. I was sweating that one it could of gone a lot worse than it did.

i wont buy a bull with horns..not dehorned..it has to be a polled bull. my current bull has scurs...anything shows horns at my place..calfwise..is gone. I have some really good mommas that have horns that are still around but only cause they have nice calfs and are really gentle. I just shipped a momma was mean with horns...
just don't need that..watch then in the pens or the feeder...
I think the red bull looked better in the head anyway

dieselbeef":q4intwsv said:
i wont buy a bull with horns..not dehorned..it has to be a polled bull. my current bull has scurs...anything shows horns at my place..calfwise..is gone. I have some really good mommas that have horns that are still around but only cause they have nice calfs and are really gentle. I just shipped a momma was mean with horns...
just don't need that..watch then in the pens or the feeder...
I think the red bull looked better in the head anyway

Yeah the red bull had a nice head wish I had taken more pictures once the grass came in he really filled out. I need to take new photos of the horned bull. The buyer said the horned bull looked a little better to him but he didn't want horns. If you like polled you should check out Buckner Beefmaster probably some of the best polled genetics in all of Beefmaster.

http://www.bucknerpolledbeefmasters.info/home.html

Brute 23":i28v0gu6 said:
Take the other bull to the vet and have his horns cut down to 2 stubs like the one in my pic. He will sell then.

Seriously thinking about it if he don't sell soon.

FWIW, your pictures will look a LOT better if you take a 3/4 from behind instead of in front.

ricebeltrancher":c614ukab said:
FWIW, your pictures will look a LOT better if you take a 3/4 from behind instead of in front.

Yeah I need to learn how to take better photos. A bull breeder at a sale was telling me some of the mistakes in my photos.

Brute 23":3phj2si2 said:
ricebeltrancher":3phj2si2 said:

Yup, the bull the buyer sent looks like a different animal.

Yeah they packed on weight this spring on grass. I really liked the way he looked when I sold him.

Latest posts