Joy of Texas

Reaction score
This what she looked like a couple of months ago
P1080560.jpg

It's not the best picture of her,but this what she looks like now

P1120452.jpg

This is my is my favorite beefmaster bull calf

P1120459.jpg

Her colour sure did change. Amazed she didn't fly the coop with those ears on her as a calf. Get a little wind and she floats right away! :cowboy:

Joy,

Those are beautiful animals. Those ears! I :heart: them.

Alice

Hey Alice ,thank you I really like the ears too. How have ya been doing ? Hey bigbull,have you bought anything lately ?
I am fixing to take her off her mama. I hope she will calm down enough to keep. She reminds me of some the old brahma cows we use to have. You don't mess with them and they won't mess with you.

no joy i havent had the itch to buy anything yet.will prolly get that itch come spring.ive got 2 heifers im planning on keeping.

Joy of Texas":1voy2e69 said:
Hey Alice ,thank you I really like the ears too. How have ya been doing ? Hey bigbull,have you bought anything lately ?
I am fixing to take her off her mama. I hope she will calm down enough to keep. She reminds me of some the old brahma cows we use to have. You don't mess with them and they won't mess with you.

Isn't disposition one of the six Beefmaster essentials?

I like her. Love those brimmers. My papaw used to have some brimmer cows when I was a kid. Brings back memories.

Why yes it is Frankie. I don't think their great disposition comes from the brahma side. I would say the majority of beefmasters are very docile. All of mine are,but I do have a few crossbreeds that are alittle spirited.
When this heifer was a few months younger she got ahold of some bailing twine. She had about 5 foot in her stomach and about 2 foot hanging out of her mouth. So I chased her down to get it out of her mouth. Ever since then she does not like me. So that probably has alot to do with her attitude.

Look at those ears! :heart: I wish the brahmas do well around here I think they are beautiful. I would definely calfnap that one!

Frankie":jtzfmsmc said:
Joy of Texas":jtzfmsmc said:

Isn't disposition one of the six Beefmaster essentials?

beefmasters yes.
3/4 brahman?--not so much.

Joy,
Can't help but notice the lick tank. Do you use the Purina Super Lix? If so how do you like it? They just started selling it in our area. Kinda of expensive though.

tom4018":3glvgr8q said:
Joy,
Can't help but notice the lick tank. Do you use the Purina Super Lix? If so how do you like it? They just started selling it in our area. Kinda of expensive though.
Hi Tom,no it wasn't a purina lix. I just bought the tanks at a local feedstore. We buy from a local man that sells the liquid feed. He is not as high as purina. So maybe check in your area if someone else sells it. I do like the liquid feed .I can see the difference in my calves and cows.