Beef to Japan

Help Support CattleToday:

Doggonit dun, that's great news. And it took a lot of nerve to slip that bit of sobering info in here on the crowder channel.

la4angus":j7hbkopr said:
dun":j7hbkopr said:
Haven't heard the particulars but apparently Japan has eased the restrictions on US beef.

Here's a link

http://beef-mag.com/cowcalfweekly/Prime ... cw-120905/

dun
Where does it say anything about Japan easing the restrictions on US Beef. I read the whole article and haven't seen anything about easing the restrictions.

By allowing it into Japan, that would ease the "Do Not Enter" restriction.

MikeC":12lxc5yu said:
Where does it say anything about Japan easing the restrictions on US Beef. I read the whole article and haven't seen anything about easing the restrictions.[/quote]

MikeC":12lxc5yu said:
By allowing it into Japan, that would ease the "Do Not Enter" restriction.
OK Thanks, MikeC ;-)

It seems I read an article 6 mo.s or so back that said even if Japan opened back up there wouldn't be enough source and age verified claves to fill the contracts. Have been expecting to see something else concerning lack of enrollment in QSA programs. :?:
Has anyone submitted an evaluation? What are your thoughts on the program?
opps sorry dun if this hijacked the thread :(

I figured that something was up since a couple of weeks ago there were a bunch of Japanese business types and reporters/photographers at the Joplin salbarn for the weekly sale.
For as small as the demand will be at first, there will be plenty of cattle that fit the expot regs. As demand increases for exports the need for QSA animals may fall behind. In the long run, QSA probably won;t generate much more income for the producers but in the short term it should. It's like a lot of these kinds of deals that they won;t command a premium but those that aren;t qualified will be docked. Just one more instance of the exception becoming the standard with time. But there will always be a demand for the non-QSA beef for certain markets.

dun

So far the costs are just for the tags I far as I can determine.
But I haven't been approved yet so................

Didn't read the article above, but there was a short story on the local 6 o'clock news last night. Don't remember the particulars as I was concentrating on my KC strip.

They are allowing cattle less than 20 months of age and they must be source certified. You have to complete special paperwork to become source certified. Most people are already doing what it takes to be certified, they just need to fill out the paperwork.

Latest posts