Beef sales up as people turn away from chicken

Help Support CattleToday:

I think it's funny that some drove all over the city to different Popeye's looking for the deal...How much in fuel do you think it cost them.

We don't have a Popeye's here, is it a big deal over there ?

hillsdown":15mzhawy said:
I think it's funny that some drove all over the city to different Popeye's looking for the deal...How much in fuel do you think it cost them.

Popeyes has spicy chicken. When Hardee's had their shakeup Popeyes bought out a lot of the Hardee's restaurants but most of them didn't last long. Everyone I went into seemed mismanaged. I'm thinking this might be an example of this. What was it $4.99 for an 8 piece meal or something. This would be nearly $15.00 at KFC. I think somebody made a boo boo.

Jogeephus":136mwoje said:
hillsdown":136mwoje said:

Popeyes has spicy chicken. When Hardee's had their shakeup Popeyes bought out a lot of the Hardee's restaurants but most of them didn't last long. Everyone I went into seemed mismanaged. I'm thinking this might be an example of this. What was it $4.99 for an 8 piece meal or something. This would be nearly $15.00 at KFC. I think somebody made a boo boo.

HH Gregg, the electronics chain, made the same boo boo a few years ago. Priced some item "doorbuster" cheap and forgot to add "one per store". It cost them dearly. If a lawyer gets ahold of this, that Popeye franchise is toast. "Ran out of chicken". Yeah, right.

What makes it bad for the Popeye folks - apart from the anger in discreet - is that a lot of these restaurants are independent franchisees who have to follow the guidelines of the corporate office and you know how the corporate management often times has their heads up their ...

I'm thinking a lot of burgers are going to be sold. Maybe even a rib sammwich or two.

Beef has "Mad Cow", and a flatulence problem, but we don't have "cow flu" --praise be. The swine flu and the chicken flu aren't even transmitted by eating the meat. So I hear, anyway.

With the here of chicken houses going up around here I'm pretty sure if the bird flu breaks out I'm screwed.

That one lady that said they should stock pile the chicken was right. Don't know why Popeye's can't do something similar like our KFC does.

GettingAway.jpg

I just listened to this audio again on my favorite morning satellite radio show this morn. and LMAO again. It still baffles me at how many people drove to 3 or 4 different franchises to get popeyes cheap chicken . I bet that turned out to be an expensive dinner after all.. :lol2:

I know a lot of people though that will make a two hour trip to save 10 bucks on an item whatever it is.. :dunce:

Latest posts