BEEF nagazine Wagyu ad

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the bull in the ad for a sale of Wagyo genetics? I wonder if that is the norm for the breed. Sure looks "cat hammed" to my unskilled eye

dun":2hanrlw3 said:
Has anyone else noticed the bull in the ad for a sale of Wagyo genetics? I wonder if that is the norm for the breed. Sure looks "cat hammed" to my unskilled eye

That's hilarious. Showed the ad to the wife last night and said I was going to pm you to see if you got the magazine but you beat me to it.

Must be some of that Kobe Bryant beef.

This is the picture of the Wagyu that was used in the ad for a production sale

Always thought those Wagyu were a rare breed. Must be more common than I thought for, neighbor has quite a few that look like that...

cfpinz":3ahex8lz said:
Always thought those Wagyu were a rare breed. Must be more common than I thought for, neighbor has quite a few that look like that...

Does your neighbour have polled black Wagyus by any chance?
;-)

KNERSIE":o4ptlih1 said:
cfpinz":o4ptlih1 said:

Does your neighbour have polled black Wagyus by any chance?
;-)

Tisk, tisk... :lol:

From what little bit I've read about them they don't do to well in the weight gain department. Maybe that is considered "finished".

I saw one at Hawkeye Breeders a few years ago. This was an AI stud. He looked uglier than this one. They are just a walking ribeye. No butt, no bone. This is what the Japanese pay so much for. It's my understanding that the Japanese have started ranching operations here in the states. They have no land in Japan so they raise them here and ship carcass's back to Japan. Seems I heard that a wagyu ribey in Japan sells for 75.00 and up. Supposedley the wagyu produces a certain type marbleing that they just cant get enough of. I've never seen one I'd want in my pasture. :roll:

whatsupdoc3":j8yfrh6r said:
The only thing wrong with that bull is its suffering form to much beer and wore out from all the massages.

Doc...now that you mention it he does sort of look like a big time beer drinker.....no A$$ and a big belly. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts