Beef-- live weight, hanging weight, etc, Q?

Help Support CattleToday:

so are you saying get prepaid?

WORANCH":rrpsqik9 said:
milkmaid":rrpsqik9 said:
So I have a buchter date set in October for these two steers I'm feeding out, and one is for us, the other I'm selling. For someone doing this the first time, what are the pros/cons of setting the price based on hanging weight, or selling on the hoof, or what's the best way to go about this? And is it OK to advertise two months in advance and ask for a deposit, or...? Suggestions or comments?

Thanks!

Try to find a scale to weigh the steers , and get your money before you carry them to the butcher .
If you can't weigh them sell by hanging weight most processers will know the hanging weight . some of them have scales for live weight , give them a call and find out .

One more thing MM you have forgotten more about cattle than sir lion will ever know............

A lot of suggestion are here for purchasing a hanging scales. These kind of scales are easily available on every scale store with different features and functions . Some of these are also used as commercial scales in industries .

DavidMiller":2xdzy0pe said:
A lot of suggestion are here for purchasing a hanging scales. These kind of scales are easily available on every scale store with different features and functions . Some of these are also used as commercial scales in industries .
If any one had more info plz share here !