beef jerky recipe ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Worcestershire sauce
Minced garlic
Black pepper
Fajita seasoning
Cajun season( kingsford is my favorite)
Put in a big ziplock bag and pour in a jar of picante sauce.
Let it marinate minimum of 24 hours.
Drain it and get it dry as much possible, but don't wipe off and seasonings before putting in dehydrater( makes it's dry faster and doesn't make as big a mess and easier to clean up the racks)

greybeard said:
Which cut of beef is most commonly used?

Most times I use round steak that's cut thin, but any really lean steak that doesn't have any fat.
Trim all the fat off.
Fat will go rancid

greybeard said:
Thanks Cross. I really don't have the teeth for jerky anymore but my wife does and buys it all the time.

Carne seca (dried beef with chiles) (or even old style jerky gravy) is chopped up and rehydrated to make great fillings for tacos and burritos. easy to eat then and delicious!

Hippie Rancher said:
greybeard said:
Thanks Cross. I really don't have the teeth for jerky anymore but my wife does and buys it all the time.

Carne seca (dried beef with chiles) (or even old style jerky gravy) is chopped up and rehydrated to make great fillings for tacos and burritos. easy to eat then and delicious!

I'm from west Texas and never heard of it but I googled it and it's sounds really good.
I'm going to try it with dried peppers, black pepper, garlic and salt

Just stumbled across this post and wanted to share mine. I am an avid jerky connoisseur. After years of over priced jerky and continual disappointments I went out on my own and have found what I like/favor the most. It may not be for everyone, but it tickles my taste buds!

I use small brisket flats ~3lbs or so or sirloin roasts and hand cut into 1/8th inch or so slices of varying shape and season them with black pepper, cayenne pepper and crushed red pepper to taste (I like it hotter than most, wife only eats a few).

Then, I throw it all in gallon zip locks and pour on enough Allegro Hot & Spicy and some Dale's steak seasoning to coat the meat and let marinade for 24 hours or so. Try to flip the bag once or twice if I remember so all meat gets marinated. For reference, I use way more Allegro than Dale's as the Dale's is to just to tame it down for other folks. Below is a pic of it while marinading.

IMHO, No Man's Land in Boise City, Ok is the best store bought/ordered jerky you can buy but I like my recipe better. Happy to give further clarification of necessary bc good jerky is way overpriced!

ValleyView said:
IMHO, No Man's Land in Boise City, Ok is the best store bought/ordered jerky you can buy but I like my recipe better. Happy to give further clarification of necessary bc good jerky is way overpriced!
They got the name right, Boise City is smack dab in the middle of no man's land. Never tried that one but would like to. My favorite store bought is Pappy Kershinstein's.

I've lived in OK for 30yrs and have still not found a reason to pass thru there, I bet it's pretty cool country and have ZERO doubt whether it qualifies as No Man's Land or not!!! :)

ValleyView said:
I've lived in OK for 30yrs and have still not found a reason to pass thru there, I bet it's pretty cool country and have ZERO doubt whether it qualifies as No Man's Land or not!!! :)

It's off the beaten path for sure. I drove through there a handful of times back in the 80's when I was driving a 18 wheeler. There was a place in Guymon, Ok. called Adams Hardfacing that made harrow disks and plow points and things like that that I'd haul back to Alabama, Florida, and/or Georgia often times when I was out that way. If I was going to Guymon from Colorado, I'd go through Boise City to get there. That whole SE corner of Colorado and western OK panhandle is what some might call desolate. I enjoyed it, I like desolation. :D

Sweet & Hot Jerky recipe

Sweet & hot seasoning
2oz black pepper
2oz garlic powder
2oz onion powder
2oz MSG (I use ACCENT)
6oz sugar
1/2 oz cayenne

5# meat
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
2 table spoons brown sugar
1oz sugar cure mixed with 1/4 cup water
2oz sweet and hot seasoning (above recipe)

This is by far my favorite recipe I have found. It is not very hot though I normally add extra cayenne and black pepper to my taste.

Just stumbled across this post and wanted to share mine. I am an avid jerky connoisseur. After years of over priced jerky and continual disappointments I went out on my own and have found what I like/favor the most. It may not be for everyone, but it tickles my taste buds!

I use small brisket flats ~3lbs or so or sirloin roasts and hand cut into 1/8th inch or so slices of varying shape and season them with black pepper, cayenne pepper and crushed red pepper to taste (I like it hotter than most, wife only eats a few).

Then, I throw it all in gallon zip locks and pour on enough Allegro Hot & Spicy and some Dale's steak seasoning to coat the meat and let marinade for 24 hours or so. Try to flip the bag once or twice if I remember so all meat gets marinated. For reference, I use way more Allegro than Dale's as the Dale's is to just to tame it down for other folks. Below is a pic of it while marinading.

A friend of mine from Clayton, NM brought a bag of each flavor from NO MAN'S LAND yesterday. You are right, that's the best store bought that I have had! Thanks for telling us about it. And thanks to all who have made suggestions/shared recipes.

A friend of mine from Clayton, NM brought a bag of each flavor from NO MAN'S LAND yesterday. You are right, that's the best store bought that I have had! Thanks for telling us about it. And thanks to all who have made suggestions/shared recipes.
Haha, glad you liked it and don't think I am liar!