• Anugs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hereford

• A mix of the 2 seems like a good idea

• Total voters
1848":2t2kg4wq said:
Yes, you have my permission...and it's "psychic" not physic.

Don't beat yourself up too much! :lol2:

Sorry about the typo you know us Floridians can't speel well, plus you being a psychic and all I figure you knew what I was thinking. :lol:

Oh, and where are all those cows of yours? Come on show us how you put all this knowledge to practical use. Come out of hiding so we will know which state to keep our cattle out of so they won't be embarrassed. :oops:

flaboy":3fhsr56n said:
Sorry about the typo you know us Floridians can't speel well, plus you being a psychic and all I figure you knew what I was thinking. :lol::

I did know! That's why I said don't beat yourself up so bad! :lol:

flaboy":3fhsr56n said:
Oh, and where are all those cows of yours? Come on show us how you put all this knowledge to practical use. Come out of hiding so we will know which state to keep our cattle out of so they won't be embarrassed. :oops:

My cows are in my pastures working. I have no need to prove it when I practice it. One of these days when you're ready for another Hereford Bull (Not a Tiger Striped Hereford like I see on your site..unless that is just the Fla. sweats.. :) ) give me a call. I'll ship him too you, complete with a Vets soundness certification, and if you are not satisfied with him when he gets off the trailer, you can load him back up. You will only have to pay the return shipping. Then if you do keep him and you don't like his first calf crop, I'll buy him back for a portion of what he sold for (I have to consider you will gain profit in the calf crop, and I will not know the conditions you put him under so I would be taking a certain amount of risk). That way you can get a visual and practical evaluation, and appreciation of my cattle. :D

1848":1xu9sjw2 said:
My cows are in my pastures working. I have no need to prove it when I practice it. One of these days when you're ready for another Hereford Bull (Not a Tiger Striped Hereford like I see on your site..unless that is just the Fla. sweats.. :) ) give me a call. I'll ship him too you, complete with a Vets soundness certification, and if you are not satisfied with him when he gets off the trailer, you can load him back up. You will only have to pay the return shipping.

To your first statement I say "sure they are, all 2 or 3 of them"? To the rest I don't want no prissy bull. I want one like the tiger stripe that works in the hot sun, mosquito infested, damp wet, Bahia fields. Yep, that poor old bull like I said is out of some pretty good stock. My (now retired vet sold me his daddy). I crossed him up with a Brangus cows and this bull was outcome. I agree the picture is not very flattering mainly because the picture was taken in February and I only feed hay and liquid feed in the winter. Don't know what he weighs in this picture but last time he was weighed, he weighed in at 2100 lbs not bad for grass fed x-cross herd bull. He is also 8 years old and consistently throws calves that out weigh my fancy registered bulls calves with pretty good EPD's. His calves also typically bring more /pound than my fancy bulls calves. One more thing even at 8 he has never failed to breed all of his herd. I have never run a clean up bull with him. Pretty? No. Producer, yes.

No, I don't care to take you up on your offer as I have had the pretty Hereford bulls and don't want no more. I like Hereford but I don't want another purebred one. Never had case of pink eye or eye cancer with any of his off spring either unlike the pretty ones I used to have. I have a few 7/8 Hereford cows left that I will cross with a Brangus bull to replace this guy in another 2 years. At 8 he still whips my black bulls when they get in with him. He has his own little herd and likes it that way.

I get some pretty decent business from 4H'rs and FFA'rs and I don't try. The thing is this old worn out bulls calves get picked 8 out of 10 times over my fancy papered bulls. I hear things like "it's so cute, it's so pretty, it's so big". I try not to influence their picks unless it is very apparent they are making a bad mistake in their pick.

This all works for me in my environment. That poor old bull you see gets touched twice a year when he is wormed and vaccinated. He likes it that way and so do I.

Isn't this fun. :lol:

This "is" fun! :D Maybe we need our own forum!

..and we are actually starting to agree on some things here!

flaboy":mpoleemc said:
....I don't want no prissy bull. I want one like the tiger stripe that works in the hot sun, mosquito infested, damp wet, Bahia fields. Yep, that poor old bull like I said is out of some pretty good stock.

Prissy bull? :lol: I wouldn't sell a prissy bull unless that is what the customer wanted ;-)

As far as your Hereford X bull? This is what I said:

1848":mpoleemc said:
....One of these days when you're ready for another Hereford Bull (Not a Tiger Striped Hereford like I see on your site...)

I did not and would not insult your bull. I simply indicated that I could sell you a purebred Hereford when you were ready. You list your bull as a Hereford on your site, but I saw it differently.

I do realize working bulls don't have to look good in their working clothes, and was not eluding to his looks at all. I say if he works then he is doing what he was intended to do. I think it is great that you have no problem using a 8 year old (have a couple myself). :) The fact that he out performs your registered EPD'd bull only confirms what I have been saying about the validity and subjectivity of EPD's. (of course he is a cross bred, and the EPD's reflect same breed..so) Basically saying that papers don't mean quality. ;-) Sounds like the old bull is keeping you happy, and I am glad for you.

If you ever need a Hereford bull that is not "pretty" I have those too! ;-)

1848":3tyz18ha said:
Basically saying that papers don't mean quality. ;-) Sounds like the old bull is keeping you happy, and I am glad for you.

If you ever need a Hereford bull that is not "pretty" I have those too! ;-)

I can't tell you the number of times I have said papers don't make them any smarter. Got a couple of those black ones (you know the kind) that haven't learned this old bull will whip them if they get in his herd. :lol: Don't make them any better either in my book. I feel I just got lucky with the production with this one as his dam was the only question in my mind.

Latest posts