Beef by breed

Help Support CattleToday:

NiceFarmer31

Reaction score
69% of the world's protein comes from cattle in the form of beef or milk, however not all steaks were created equal. The variety in quality of beef varies from the cheap and nasty to heaven in a bite.

The cut of the beef has always influenced selling prices, with a chateubriand demanding a much higher price than the meagre flank steak. However the breed of the cattle also has some bearing as to the quality of the meat being sold and therefore of the price it demands.

Of course it is not only the breed that makes some beef superior over others as many other factors come into play. Feed, maturity, ageing and general happiness of the cow all influence the quality of the beef, however genetics plays an important part in the quality of the beef.

Complete article : http://pakagri.blogspot.com/2012/04/beef-by-breed.html

"Happiness"?? What is wonderful for one might be a nightmare for another and none of mine talk. :shock:

chateu briand isn't a cut of meat, it's a method of cooking a fillet of beef.

And the number 69% is taken out of the blue, if "cattle" does not include many species, like goats, sheep and so on...

ALACOWMAN":35aibm48 said:
KNERSIE":35aibm48 said:
chateu briand isn't a cut of meat, it's a method of cooking a fillet of beef.
Just looked it up outside of their link,, the way i read it.. its both

It's all from the tender loin as Knersie says. They can call it what they want but the primal remaims the same

No offense to the OP but this website seems kinda generic and not that well informed.

yes I collaged the picture and it seems that i messed up the titles

limftw":690wh2n6 said:
I'm almost positive they have a picture of the limi bull JCL Lodestar for their Angus...

ANAZAZI":mtgmidsw said:
And the number 69% is taken out of the blue, if "cattle" does not include many species, like goats, sheep and so on...

I was always told over 90% of statistics were made up on the spot............. :hide:

smuff76":1mkqbklh said:
ANAZAZI":1mkqbklh said:

I was always told over 90% of statistics were made up on the spot............. :hide:
:nod:

Latest posts