Beef Butchering Forum

Help Support CattleToday:

PRCattleCo

Reaction score
I just wanted to ask if there could be an addition to this Forum to have a section specific to butchering beef? I am a cow/calf, backgrounder, cattle finisher, butcher at the local meat locker, and meat cutter for a restaurant here in Carthage, Illinois.

I would absolutely love to have a butchering section devoted to beef butchering/meat cutting to help educate folks on the process of completing the final product of their labor. I often find that producers are not aware of many facets of the industry when they sell their beef custom through a locker to a customer. That being said, there are many issues I see where the receiving customer of the product is really ignorant to no fault of their own, what they order through a butcher shop. This sometimes gives the customer a bad experience when they just did not know the right things to request or ask.

Here are examples where this section would definitely be applicable....

None of these are Feedyard related questions.

Last edited:
I just wanted to ask if there could be an addition to this Forum to have a section specific to butchering beef? I am a cow/calf, backgrounder, cattle finisher, butcher at the local meat locker, and meat cutter for a restaurant here in Carthage, Illinois.

I would absolutely love to have a butchering section devoted to beef butchering/meat cutting to help educate folks on the process of completing the final product of their labor. I often find that producers are not aware of many facets of the industry when they sell their beef custom through a locker to a customer. That being said, there are many issues I see where the receiving customer of the product is really ignorant to no fault of their own, what they order through a butcher shop. This sometimes gives the customer a bad experience when they just did not know the right things to request or ask.
Sounds good. I'm from North of Galesburg. Which locker do you work for?

Arkansas USDA Processing Facilities

Establishment Contact Information
Arkansas Department of Corrections [Est. M10624]

Hwy 388 and 65 South Cummins Unit
Grady , AR 71644
Phone: (870) 850-8751
Activities Conducted
Meat Processing; Meat Slaughter

Local Farm to Fork Butcher Shop [Est. M47337+P47337]

896 Main St.
Pleasant Plains, AR 72568
Phone: (501) 230-5231
Activities Conducted
Meat Processing; Meat Slaughter; Poultry Processing

Cypress Valley Meat Company 1, LLC [Est. M46139+V46139]

5951 Hwy 64 East
Pottsville, AR 72858
Phone: (479) 968-6330
Activities Conducted
Food Inspection; Identification - Meat; Meat Processing; Meat Slaughter; Voluntary Processing - Meat; Voluntary Slaughter - Meat

Key's Family Butcher Shop [Est. M10650+P10650+V10650]

2900 Oliver Springs Rd
Van Buren, AR 72956
Phone: (479) 474-1645
Activities Conducted
Identification - Meat; Identification - Poultry; Meat Processing; Meat Slaughter; Poultry Processing; Poultry Slaughter; Voluntary Processing - Meat; Voluntary Processing - Rabbit; Voluntary Slaughter - Meat; Voluntary Slaughter - Rabbit

B & R Meat Processing [Est. M46910+P46910+V46910]

633 N. Devils Den Rd.
Winslow, AR 72959
Phone: (479) 634-2211
Activities Conducted
Meat Processing; Meat Slaughter; Poultry Processing; Poultry Slaughter; Voluntary Processing - Meat; Voluntary Slaughter - Meat

I have worked a few florida restaraunts years ago and cleaned everything from beef sides to LARGE ocean fish. Have been harvesting and cleaning my turkeys and chickens for years. I'm sure I would like to learn other techniques even for them birds, always a better/ faster way. I for one would appreciate info on cows, sheep, goats etc from start to finish. Its all different from a deer harvested each fall for sure. I have watched the bearded butcher a bit but would like somewhere go for the rest of the process to learn the right way from the beginning through storage/freezing before it hits the grill.

Latest posts