Bee suit

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
My fancy bee suit came in the mail. I'm not so sure it'll be needed for my two hives so much, but I am now looking forward to yellow jacket and red wasp wars.

backhoeboogie":lm6zhlbl said:
My fancy bee suit came in the mail. I'm not so sure it'll be needed for my two hives so much, but I am now looking forward to yellow jacket and red wasp wars.

I have noticed a steady flight line of bald face hornets up by the shop.
Haven't found the nest yet.

Um, they can sting right through it. All the cutouts I've done, I get stung at least 5 to 10 times by honey bees. Right through the suit, and even through my leather gloves. The wasp wont be able to get to your face, but they can sting anywhere it touches your skin....

I've only been stung working my bees a couple times through the suit. But when you have them mad and swarming all over you like when doing a cut out, you should plan to get stung a few times. I can only imagine what wasp would do. I also thought that a bee suit protected me from any stings, well, until I started doing removals. Its main plusses are, its white so that keeps you from looking like a threat. And two, it covers your face. But, the material does nothing to stop stings. A few wasp buzzing around you while you take down their nest is probably safe, but they can easily sting if they hit the right spot. I would never ever attempt to mess with something like a large hornet nest, bumble bees, yellow jackets, or large population of paper wasp. Its better than nothing and will keep them off your face, but don't expect no stings....

backhoeboogie":lr9olyqr said:
If you're right, I get a full refund. That would be great.
What suit do you have? Is there a stingless suit?
One time I did a removal and put the bees in my Forester....inside the car, with me. So, I wore my suit home. While driving, I saw a bee walking in front of my face...I was like Ha, you little a hole you wont get me.... I still had my gloves on too. Then I realized it was INSIDE my hood. Luckily, I thought quick and just pinched him from the outside of the suit. After that, I knew that I would not freak out while driving if for some reason bees got in my car. Actually, they buzz towards the windows, so if they are in with you, you just roll down the window they are at. Plus, honey bee stings don't really hurt that bad. When I was just starting out though, the thought of getting stung was way worse than actually getting stung..lol... but, i'm a long way from working bees without a suit. I had some hives go ape shlt crazy on me, so I just don't know how anyone ever works without a suit. There is a guy on youtube that works his hives sometimes without and he gets stung all the time..guess he doesn't care...

cowgirl8":34p90hg6 said:
backhoeboogie":34p90hg6 said:
If you're right, I get a full refund. That would be great.
What suit do you have? Is there a stingless suit?
One time I did a removal and put the bees in my Forester....inside the car, with me. So, I wore my suit home. While driving, I saw a bee walking in front of my face...I was like Ha, you little a hole you wont get me.... I still had my gloves on too. Then I realized it was INSIDE my hood. Luckily, I thought quick and just pinched him from the outside of the suit. After that, I knew that I would not freak out while driving if for some reason bees got in my car. Actually, they buzz towards the windows, so if they are in with you, you just roll down the window they are at. Plus, honey bee stings don't really hurt that bad. When I was just starting out though, the thought of getting stung was way worse than actually getting stung..lol... but, i'm a long way from working bees without a suit. I had some hives go ape shlt crazy on me, so I just don't know how anyone ever works without a suit. There is a guy on youtube that works his hives sometimes without and he gets stung all the time..guess he doesn't care...

Bee sting therapy is used by some people for arthritis treatment.

hurleyjd":1bk00x2n said:
Bee sting therapy is used by some people for arthritis treatment.
I've heard that but when I got stung on my hand, it did nothing for my arthritis. But, maybe its gotta be done a while before it works, maybe?

BK9954":1wqfqpe0 said:
I'm about to order a bee suit, are you telling me they don't protect you from the stings????????
Don't get the one with the hard hat...Those are hard to get zipped... But yes, they can. But, only if you're working with a hot hive or doing a cutout. Your face is protected but if they get in a crease where the suit is touching your skin, they can get you there. I get most on my arm in the elbow area. If you get in a hive that is really hot and you have mad bees all over you, they can even sting through the leather parts of your gloves too. Luckily the stinger, which comes out of the bee and stays in the stingee, comes out when you whence from the sting. One bee one sting. So, in honey bees, the sting will be minimal. But using them from protection from wasp, they can sting numerous times so i'd never use it intentionally to mess with wasps where their numbers are large thinking you'd be safe from stings....lol Although the original poster said their suit was guaranteed against stings. I'd like to know what suit it is and is it guaranteed against wasp..

Latest posts