Bedding question?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Going to the fair next week and it will be the only show where we have had to use bedding. I thought most people use shavings but it was suggested to me to use mulch. Person said it stays under them better than straw or shavings over top of concrete.

Curious as to what others use.

for as long as i have gone to our fair, we have used straw on top of shavings. this year they decided to change it up a bit and use pellets. they are supposed to be really low maintainance and easy to clean.

those colored pellets are awsome. i will have to find the name of them you can buy them off ebay. use shavings or the pellets

I think the mulch is harder to clean. I would go with shavings. I also like the shavings that are bigger, more of what I would call flakes.

Miss Daisy":2m6nbs8x said:
for as long as i have gone to our fair, we have used straw on top of shavings. this year they decided to change it up a bit and use pellets. they are supposed to be really low maintainance and easy to clean.

The fair got us some pellet things. You put them down the sprinkle some water on them and they are good to go. They worked good... But I use them for a day or two then I used saw dust them straw on top of that...

Latest posts