Beautiful Weekend

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
The boss and I have been in TN this weekend we attended the Ingram Angus Sale today and wow what a program they are building. Impressive, congratulations to all of the Ingram crew on a top notch sale. We went with the intention of adding an outcross bull to our herd sire pen and feel that we got a really good one. Total outcross genetics for us but not at the expense of the phenotype that we love. It was a picture perfect day looking at beautiful cattle with top notch people. Had the opportunity to visit with old friends which made the day even better! The bull we picked up was Lot 91 Ingram Colonel 8266 A Baldridge Colonel C251 out of TEX Rita 5426, like I said a total outcross for us but one that I feel will work on our genetics. And of course being GG I did pick up a couple of spring heifers that might work for the grandkids lol. I honestly had no intention of buying a heifer but couldn't resist the boss just shook his head.

Ingram Colonel 8265
Ingram Everelda 0079
Ingram Kinochtry Bty 0057

The two heifers

gizmom

Last edited:
Very nice! Glad y'all had a good trip and a successful sale. Hopefully they will work out well for you. I think they will like the winter in Florida much better.

And of course being GG I did pick up a couple of spring heifers that might work for the grandkids lol. I honestly had no intention of buying a heifer but couldn't resist the boss just shook his head.

gizmom
Grand Island, Nebraska July 10, 2021 ????
Timonium, Maryland May 27, 2021 ????

I wish but that will be up to Mom and Dad
My kids showed Simmentals. We went to every junior national from 1998 to 2008 and at least one regional every year from 1996 to 2008. Always looked forward to seeing the Willis family from Marietta, OK. They brought their grandkids every year. And there were a lot of grandkids over a wide age span. Makes for a memorable family experience. It is way more than a cow show. More of an investment due to all the educational events and friendships made.

Good luck with the heifers (and mom and dad). Nice bull.

My kids showed Simmentals. We went to every junior national from 1998 to 2008 and at least one regional every year from 1996 to 2008. Always looked forward to seeing the Willis family from Marietta, OK. They brought their grandkids every year. And there were a lot of grandkids over a wide age span. Makes for a memorable family experience. It is way more than a cow show. More of an investment due to all the educational events and friendships made.

Good luck with the heifers (and mom and dad). Nice bull.
We have wonderful memories from the Junior Angus National shows with Our son Jacob the grand daughters daddy. It was such a wonderful experience for the family. We made lifelong friendships, Jacob is wanting to go to a junior national with the girls but like all young families trying to find enough time off work is an issue.

Latest posts