Beautiful Day (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Beautiful day today- sunny, no wind and about 35 degrees-- so this is how I entertained the grandkids this afternoon....

tobogganriding004.jpg

Coming back from about 10 miles of playing in the deep snow down in the river points..

tobogganriding002.jpg

Kids waiting for me to take off so they can do a "snap turn"

tobogganriding005.jpg

I don't know how the pup "Jess" is still going...Going to be a tough little gal cause she followed us every step sometimes in snow deeper than she was tall... :lol:

tobogganriding006.jpg

Granma riding off into the sunset- taking over the second shift of tobogganing after the kids wore me out...If the Honda quits she can hook up the dog team ;-) :lol:

Nice pics, looks like you had a nice time.

Is that the Missouri River bottoms? or maybe the Milk?

Very nice pics, great to see people (and dogs) enjoying themselves altogether! Thanks for sharing a nice day. Your hay also looks great, and it's not covered?

mnmtranching":1k7z79db said:

We're on the Milk--right near (2 miles) from where Willow Creek dumps into the Milk, so the Valley here formed by Willow Creek and the Milk coming together is over 3 miles wide...We have the Milk about a mile north of us and the Creek about a mile south of us....

Was really a nice day and I got my biggest reward tonite when the 6 year old Grandson came up to me before going to bed and gave me a big hug and a "I love you Grandpa" :D

what wonderful day you had, days like that sure make up for the sh*** ones. Nice when the little ones appreciate it also, what wonderful memories of a happy childhood they will have, nice one and great pic's to. That is the true meaning of 'Have nice day now'

those are some really great pics. what cool grandparents you all are! good job! grandpa moments are so special...bet they want to stay at your house all the time.... beautiful country up there... Rose

Oldtimer":26p0upgw said:
mnmtranching":26p0upgw said:

We're on the Milk--right near (2 miles) from where Willow Creek dumps into the Milk, so the Valley here formed by Willow Creek and the Milk coming together is over 3 miles wide...We have the Milk about a mile north of us and the Creek about a mile south of us....

Was really a nice day and I got my biggest reward tonite when the 6 year old Grandson came up to me before going to bed and gave me a big hug and a "I love you Grandpa" :D

I know right where your at :shock: I have spent so much time up that way. I go up the Rock Creek RD to get into the Bitter Creek Country and to the West to my friends on the Northern Frenchmans. I really like those badlands. Hinesdale is a nice little town, Ive been to the convieneance store for fuel and supply's many times. Last Fall I spent about four weeks total out there hunting and visiting.

mnmtranching":10x4f4td said:
Oldtimer":10x4f4td said:
mnmtranching":10x4f4td said:

I know right where your at :shock: I have spent so much time up that way. I go up the Rock Creek RD to get into the Bitter Creek Country and to the West to my friends on the Northern Frenchmans. I really like those badlands. Hinesdale is a nice little town, Ive been to the convieneance store for fuel and supply's many times. Last Fall I spent about four weeks total out there hunting and visiting.

I'm just 2 miles straight south of Glasgow if the river wasn't between us-- about 5 miles by road....

Yep we get a lot hunters around here from Minnesota every year-either hunt in those north breaks or the Missouri breaks to the south-quite a good bunch of guys - and then some come over every year for the whist tournaments...Pretty fair at beer drinking too ;-) :lol:

One of my friends that ranchs up in that Rock Creek country travels to Minnesota every winter for the whist tournaments...

Oldtimer, I'm always amazed about the hay you folks put up in those river bottoms, unreal, the quality and quantity has got to be the best there is. And those Montana cows. 8)

I know there are many Willow Creeks in Montana, just like Sage Creeks and Lone Tree Creeks and Montana Bars :D You must be near the Willow creek that flows North along or near the Bone Trail. From down by Triple Crossing Country. I've gone that route to get to the Sun Prairie country and the Larb Hills. Do you know the Koss's from down in that country?

The Willow Creek I was thinking, at first, flows from the North up By the Opiem Hills somewhere, joins the Milk a mile or two East of Hinsdale.

I play Whist too, but I'm better at beer drinking. ;-)

Yep- I'm on the south Willow Creek- is kind of confusing when you have two creeks named the same in the same county :roll: ...Spent years as a kid working in that south country first on the Wittmayer ranch and later when they sold out to the Grazing Assn...Spent one summer with the cattle on the Lone Tree/Beaver Creek pasture near Triple Crossing...

Both those south breaks and the Rock Creek area breaks are some rough country in places....

I know who Koss's are is all...They are further west than I usually get.....
I thought maybe the rancher you hunt with on Rock Creek is my old water hole buddy Jeff Swanson.....He's good at both whist and the beer drinking ;-) :lol:

Latest posts