Beautiful day at the farm

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Had one of those rare days to just get out with Jacob and look through the calves. The sun was straight up so not the best time of day to be taking pictures but we tried. Nothing like spending time with my son and looking at cattle.

IMG_9249640x427-1.jpg

The heifers were watching us and you know how nosey heifers can be lol

IMG_9308640x427.jpg

Our junior herd sire Sinclair Rito 9R9

IMG_9337640x427.jpg

Our senior herd sire Coleman EXT 6149

IMG_9339640x427.jpg

The two big guys talking it over they get along just fine as long as the fence is really hot!

IMG_9248640x427.jpg

This calf was born on 11/02 a 58 pound bull calf.

IMG_9235640x427.jpg

I really like this young cow she has a Regis calf this year I think she is going to have the same kind of maternal ability as her dam which means she is a good one.
Oops I lied her calf isn't out of Regis it is a Missing Link and I actually found a picture!
IMG_9225640x427.jpg

IMG_9231640x427.jpg

This is an ET calf out of Traveler 6807 and N Bar Kinochtry Bty We had four eggs out of this mating and got three heifers and one bull I am still pinching myself!

IMG_9230640x427.jpg

Another picture of my little beauty calf.

IMG_9172640x427-3.jpg

Well we all have them a favorite because of the cow family, this is a heifer out of a 2002 model cow her great great great great grandmother was one of the first cows we purchased when we started raising Angus cattle. This is a heifer out of our 6149 bull she will hopefully be her mammas replacement.

We took more but don't want to bore yall to death.

Gizmom

realy good looking cattle.
the group of heifers are impressive
i'm working to get to where your are with your herd
i had a calf born nov 1
50-50 cow and bull was an objective son
nov-1-2012.jpg

I am liking the 50/50 calves I saw a few just last week a commercial guy and they were all really nice. Good luck it has been a labor of love for us, the entire family loves working with the cattle.

Gizmom

Those heifers are lovely. What age are they? (In the Southern hemisphere I often find it difficult to work out when people might have calved in the Northern.) I like to think mine look that nice - I mean I think they really might. :)

CKC1586":1c4ymh2w said:
sim.-ang.king":1c4ymh2w said:
gizmom":1c4ymh2w said:
We took more but don't want to bore yall to death.

Gizmom
I'm not bored..is anyone else bored?
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Very nice pictures![/quote]
Nope, I have 700 pics on my phone of my cows :?
I know what you mean 85% of the memory on my phone is pictures.

Very good photos. Only thing better than spending time with your son looking at your cattle is spending time with your Grandson looking at them. since my son is grown and has his own family now, I go get his son each week to take him around and help feed my herd, and look them over. He's only 3, but gotta start em early. :cboy:
BTW.. How old is Sinclair Rito??

Thanks yall it was a nice day. To answer questions the heifers are yearlings we will be putting a bull in with the about mid December. The Rito bull is a Feb 09 bull. I enjoy seeing pictures of other folks operations, it is always intresting to see what others are doing in their programs.

Gizmom

Latest posts