Bears

Help Support CattleToday:

Never saw deer here until the state planted some about 20-25 years ago. It's only been in the last 6 or so years that they opened a bow season and there's been some monsters killed. In fact, I think there's been more killed by vehicles than legal hunters.

SSS that's what anything that's bothering my stock gets . Law or no law. In the case of a Bear it would be SDS = Shoot - Dozer - Shut up

BRYANT":x1dxz4o4 said:
SSS that's what anything that's bothering my stock gets . Law or no law. In the case of a Bear it would be SDS = Shoot - Dozer - Shut up

Bryant I think you meant..

S.C.E.S.

Shoot Clean Eat Shut up

best ribs I ever ate were BBQ bear ribs, but the meat will take on the flavor of whatever they're eating.. don't touch a garbage bear or one that's been fishing.. One that's been eating dandelions and apples is tasty though

skyhightree1":3n1v5dfb said:
BRYANT":3n1v5dfb said:

S.C.E.S.

Shoot Clean Eat Shut up

I never ate any bear but sure would try it. I hear people say bear and coon taste a lot a like ????
when we coon hunted a lot my Granny could bake a coon and it was some fine eating, but my wife tried to fix one last winter and it just wasn't the same ??

slick4591":2sceyhn3 said:
Never saw deer here until the state planted some about 20-25 years ago. It's only been in the last 6 or so years that they opened a bow season and there's been some monsters killed. In fact, I think there's been more killed by vehicles than legal hunters.

My grandfather repeated to me many years ago, what his father had told him-- that when settlers moved to an area one of the first things they did was intentionally hunt out all the deer and bear around their farmsteads. There would be no raising crops unless that was done. I can sure understand that thinking, considering the deer would eat up everything in my yard and garden if I didn't have dogs. As it is, they've still kept all the rose bushes pruned back to bare canes this year.
(Never seen a bear around here, or talked to any local that has)

BRYANT":2f7v2bd6 said:
skyhightree1":2f7v2bd6 said:
BRYANT":2f7v2bd6 said:

S.C.E.S.

Shoot Clean Eat Shut up

I never ate any bear but sure would try it. I hear people say bear and coon taste a lot a like ????
when we coon hunted a lot my Granny could bake a coon and it was some fine eating, but my wife tried to fix one last winter and it just wasn't the same ??

:lol: Bear and coon are greasy as heck is about the same difference ive seen. Other than that they are way different IMO

Dogs and Cows":2o7tq7bf said:
skyhightree1":2o7tq7bf said:
cowgirl8":2o7tq7bf said:
It was only a matter of time before someone got one on their game camera. This was about 2 miles from our house. Not happy about bears, not happy at all...

We see bears all day everyday here. Black bears just eat up the fruit and corn and other stuff never really messed with anyone's stock. Bears are no big deal here

Same here Jules...Bears are no problem at all...I like seeing them.

Yes sir I like seeing them run across a field wide open.

I watched a video of two guys hunting in a tree stand. They were videoing a bear at their deer feeder and all of a sudden the bear runs their direction and in just mega seconds he's in the tree behind him... I'm not bear knowledgeable and had no idea just how fast a bear could climb a tree.....golly

BRYANT":2297ksmt said:
skyhightree1":2297ksmt said:
BRYANT":2297ksmt said:

S.C.E.S.

Shoot Clean Eat Shut up

Thanksgiving at my grandparents was almost always coon. Granny had a special way of cooking it in the wood cook stove. She never had a gas or electric stove. There is an art to cooking on a wood stove.

Ouachita":34gy0nnh said:
BRYANT":34gy0nnh said:
skyhightree1":34gy0nnh said:

S.C.E.S.

Shoot Clean Eat Shut up

Thanksgiving at my grandparents was almost always coon. Granny had a special way of cooking it in the wood cook stove. She never had a gas or electric stove. There is an art to cooking on a wood stove.

I still have my great grandmas old wood stove and will fire it up from time to time to cook I think it was called a mealmaster or meal something

One time we were iced in our house for 2 weeks with no electricity....At the time i had 4 kids in the house. I cooked on our wood stove.. Worked great. Although, no wild game was cooked on it. We had tons of Xmas food leftover from a family gathering..

Latest posts