bearings for harrow

Help Support CattleToday:

farmwriter

Reaction score
We've got an old off-set harrow marked DMS and need to replace the bearings, but have been unable to find an identifying number to order the replacement part. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Get a bearing out and take it to a good tractor dealership. They should have charts that can find bearings for you based upon outside diameter, inside diameter, shaft type/size, thickness, etc. Or, barring that, a good parts man will look at it and just go get you one off the shelf.

They do this every day, you don't. Big difference.....

Grannysoo, we struck out at the regular go-to parts place. Guy said he really needed a number. I suspected the guy was lazy or dumb then. Your comments sure didn't change my mind. :roll:

Better parts guy, better results. Guy recognized right away that DMS is a Bush Hog part. He even knew exactly what old book to grab and find the rest of the info needed. Should have the part in a couple of days! Here's hoping it fits when we get it here!

farmwriter":3t4jufne said:
Grannysoo, we struck out at the regular go-to parts place. Guy said he really needed a number. I suspected the guy was lazy or dumb then. Your comments sure didn't change my mind. :roll:
Lazy, Dumb or both....Not uncommon around here.
Tom.

kerley":2ynmaaoy said:
farmwriter":2ynmaaoy said:
Lazy, Dumb or both....Not uncommon around here.
Tom.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Latest posts