Bear

Help Support CattleToday:

I've been following the bear sightings and pictures. Many of the pictures it's pretty obvious it's different bears. It's been 3 or 4 years now, but is aw one on my place. Took a picture with my cell phone, but you couldn't make out what it was. I subsequently never mentioned it outside of house (that's a lie I called the game warden and he said it was very possible). Any way, long story short a few days later the neighbor was shelling corn and got a good picture of it. They've been visiting for a while. They'll soon settle in.

I've been following the bear sightings and pictures. Many of the pictures it's pretty obvious it's different bears. It's been 3 or 4 years now, but is aw one on my place. Took a picture with my cell phone, but you couldn't make out what it was. I subsequently never mentioned it outside of house (that's a lie I called the game warden and he said it was very possible). Any way, long story short a few days later the neighbor was shelling corn and got a good picture of it. They've been visiting for a while. They'll soon settle in.
That's how it was here, for a few years there would be sporadic sightings and a couple hit on interstates. Now they are settled in and multiplying.

Supposedly somebody claimed there was one on Hardin Ky last year. They had it on Facebook and supposedly fish and wild life contacted them asking then to take down the post. Fish and wild life didn't want people to get in an up roar about it. Like I mentioned before I feel people should know and beware it is possible to come in contact with bears, cougars, rattlesnakes, ect. even if it's a rare occasion.
Ya'll ever heard of "the beast" in LBL?

Hybrid Grizzly and black bear?
The hump and ears is throwing me off.
I actually think it's 3 different bears even though the news says it's the same. The colors doesn't match to be the same bear and the dark black one is clearly a male in one picture and the other doesn't appear to be. He can't have big nuts than hide them. I could be wrong I'm not bear scientist. It be a good trick to change his fur color in what a weeks time. To go from dark black to to brown black with a light face. Not saying they don't lose winter fur. Just seems weird to change colors that much. Our cows don't change colors when they shed winter hair. Now my husband did one time he used to be brown headed he must have shed to gray haired. 😉
Just shows how cougars aren't in Western Kentucky.... either are bears or rattlesnakes... 😊 No gates stops any animals from coming here.
That is a black bear with unshed guard hairs. They can look really scruffy in summer.

Yes, I've read those stories before. Pretty wild.

My deceased friend and neighbor worked for a funeral home in Hopkinsville or Madisonville, can't remember which. He helped move many of those cemeteries at LBL to higher ground.

I'm going to spray you if you don't go away. Go away bear.
Come here bear, leave my kayak alone.
The squeaky voice gets irritating quick.
I felt sorry for the bear having to hear all that.
May be bad of me, but I was kind of pulling for the bear on that deal. More than likely a person like that thought that oh these animals are great and cute an all, and would villainize farmers and ranchers for wanting to protect their livestock from the many predators that are a constant never ending problem.

Yes, I've read those stories before. Pretty wild.

My deceased friend and neighbor worked for a funeral home in Hopkinsville or Madisonville, can't remember which. He helped move many of those cemeteries at LBL to higher ground.

This is kind of weird I like to look at old cemeteries pretty interesting.

They are illegal to hunt in Texas.
My buddy lives in west Texas and had one tearing up his feeders.
He called TPWD and told them it was tearing his stuff up they told him to stop feeding for a while and it will go away. He did and it did but it came back.

Attachments

• 57132AFA-0D04-4D62-970E-05E74C976DF6.jpeg
    57132AFA-0D04-4D62-970E-05E74C976DF6.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 8
They are illegal to hunt in Texas.
My buddy lives in west Texas and had one tearing up his feeders.
He called TPWD and told them it was tearing his stuff up they told him to stop feeding for a while and it will go away. He did and it did but it came back.
Are you sure that's not someone on their way to a fancy dress party?
Ken

Black bears come in all sorts of shades and colors. Black, brown, cinnamon, and combinations of all three. I have seen bears with a black body and brown legs and the other way around black legs and a brown body. Earlier this spring I saw a big cinnamon sow with two black cubs. She was darn near blonde. There are even white black bears. They inhabit the Queen Charlotte Islands of British Columbia.

Wild Animal facts:
Bears kill less than 4 people per year
Sharks 7
Deer are responsible for over 100 deaths per year
Hippopotamuses are the most deadly at 500 people per year

93% (14 out of 15) people survive bear attacks
12% of bears survive bear attacks on humans

Hunters in Hyde county North Carolina killed 258 black bears in 2018 #1 county
in the nation.

17 grizzly bears were killed in auto accidents in 2018 most were cubs

Last edited: