Bear caught

Help Support CattleToday:

Crackerplease

Reaction score
It's getting a little late in the season to get bear caught. We were building fence last week and I almost got bear caught. I have heard this term my whole life and only realized last week that it has meaning in a limited geographical area. If you know what it means, tell me where you are from. Thanks!

Flatwoods of Georgia. I know all too well what the term means. Got caught last month and it put me out of commission for a couple of days. Its easy to do, seems the bear catches hard-headed people quicker than smart ones.

I think this goes South to maybe Ellisville, North as far as Dasher, East to McKlenny and West to Madison or maybe Monticello. Flaboy? definitely knows.

Yeah, it seems I get caught by the bear at least once a year. Knock on wood, not so far this year but only because I haven't been able to bale much hay yet.

The old bear will sneak up on you and I know it. I'm just too dumb or hardheaded to watch out for him. :oops:

It definitely includes Monticello. The bear got the oldest dog earlier this year and we almost lost him. His temperature was down to 105.5 by the time we got him soaked down and transported to the vet with the truck's AC on full blast. :shock:

Hurley - it's an old southern expression for heat exhaustion or heat stroke.

ETF":28ffj9c3 said:
Hurley - it's an old southern expression for heat exhaustion or heat stroke.

I was beginning to think it meant the same as our "Snake Bit". Thanks for the clarification. We don't have time for heat strokes. Too much to do. Heat strokes would take to much time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good thing they clarified the meaning. I was going to tell them to climb the nearest tree. Climb fast so that bear don't catch you.

Crowderfarms":38xjlu3o said:
Flaboy probably thinks it's a term for walking into a grocery store naked.Bare caught. :lol:

Now you know I would never do that. I did get Bare caught once as a young man in back seat of a Mustang but it was cold that night. :lol:

It's getting a little late in the season to get bear caught. We were building fence last week and I almost got bear caught. I have heard this term my whole life and only realized last week that it has meaning in a limited geographical area. If you know what it means, tell me where you are from. Thanks!
I got bear-caught in the late 1950s in a South Georgia peanut field.

Greybeard raises his hand..

I and Anyone else that has wrestled a real bear (in a Lafayette South Lousiana bar) knows what it means and it has nothing to do with heat stroke. The beer was cold and the bear stunk like hell. (he also whupped me pretty good)

I have been bear caught so many times now anything over 75 and sun shining flat kills me.

I have had my hands on a live bear no beer involved and within arms length of more than I got fingers.

I have been bear caught so many times now anything over 75 and sun shining flat kills me.

I have had my hands on a live bear no beer involved and within arms length of more than I got fingers.
I've had a bear sniff my boots.. neighbor ran into an old grizzly bear in tall grass while moving irrigation, beaned the thing over the head with a pipe wrench!

I was nearly caught by a very large brown bear on Afognak Island Alaska. That is the next island north of Kodiak. They have very large bears there. He assisted us in climbing trees and then ate the salmon we had caught.

Latest posts