Be Careful

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
14566038_G.jpg

(RNN) - A Texas man wounded himself when he fired a .38 revolver at an armadillo in his yard, but the animal's shell was so hard the bullets bounced off and one hit him in the face.

The county sheriff said the man walked outside his home, saw the armadillo in his yard and blazed away.

"He shot three times," Cass County Sheriff Larry Rowe said.

The armadillo's shell was so hard that it deflected at least one of the bullets, which hit the man in the jaw.

After the bizarre July 2015 incident, he was airlifted to a hospital, where they wired his jaw shut, the sheriff said.

The sheriff said they couldn't find the armadillo.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t ... KR20150731

I bet that is why we have some many dillos up here now. I did hear donkeys are leaving the state in droves, or herds, but they are traveling in groups for their own safety, splitting up once they cross the state line.

I thought it was drinking killed 'em. They seem to like Lone Star, lying on the side of the road.

I find it hard to believe. Either he hit a rock or his ammo was so weak it couldn;t break the shell. Makes me think that alcohol may have been involved and I don;t mean a drunk diller

Remember people thinking that if you hit one with your car, it could flip it...

dun":3eheqr5q said:
I find it hard to believe. Either he hit a rock or his ammo was so weak it couldn;t break the shell. Makes me think that alcohol may have been involved and I don;t mean a drunk diller

I concur.
Like the dillers here anything that likes to destroy yellow jackets nest is a welcome critter.

Caustic Burno":3uudywsi said:
dun":3uudywsi said:

I concur.
Like the dillers here anything that likes to destroy yellow jackets nest is a welcome critter.
I have killed two of my life. After I killed the last one I ask myself why. I have one that lives in my yard I don't mind them coming.

My wife heard somewhere they carry leprosy, and she's had an irrational fear of leprosy since she was a girl. We had one rooting around in the yard a few years ago and she called me all in a panic. I told her to get a pot and a big spoon, go out on the porch, bang on the pot with the spoon, and the noise would probably scare it away. She tried that, but it didn't work. When I got home I eased up behind it, grabbed it by the tail, carried it out in the pasture a little ways, and turned it loose. She met me in front of the house with Clorox and wouldn't let me in until she'd poured it all over my hands. That's been almost 20 years ago and she still says "I can't believe you grabbed it with your bare hands."

Latest posts