Be careful when you're being nice!

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
One of my local friends is going through a bit of a legal nightmare right now... I won't paraphrase, so here's what he said

Employers beware! Earlier this year I allowed a friend of an employee the opportunity to gain some log hauling experience by riding around with my employee in my truck. I requested a copy of his driver's abstract for my files as per the law. Long story short he now has taken me to labour relations claiming I owe him for 110 hrs of training time. I mostly ignored this at first but despite having all the written documentation having been made available to the labour board they are now going to force me to an arbitration hearing. This man that I tried to help has no documentation yet the board doesn't care. Further more when it all goes to arbitration and I am cleared there are no consequences for his actions to try and extort money from my company. He just gets a free pass to do it again to someone else. Please if anyone out there knows how to bring this madness to an end please let me know . The labour board is enabling this man to extort money. How do you fight this? Where do you turn? How do I contact someone who can investigate this in the media? PLEASE SHARE WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE. You might be the next one to have to choke back paying someone you never hired or employed.

In my eyes the employee is on darned thin ice.. either he denounces his friendship to this arsehole or I'd think he's in on the deal.

Another similar semi-local occurrence was when a family was selling their farm, and the buyers wanted to be shown the ropes.. well, they didn't buy the farm, and then sued for wages.. .and WON..

All this crap makes my blood boil.. our legal system is eternally favoring the crooks and shafting people who try to do something right.

Incidents of this nature are not new. It explains why companies have a stable of solicitors writing company policy. If you ever hear someone say, " who is the idiot who came up with that policy?"

Now you can just roll your eyes.

Counter sue for 110 hours of unpaid tuition to log hauling school.

as wrong as it may be, what is happening to the employer I mean.
To allow a employee to bring his "friend" to work is a stupid thing to do

callmefence":1mbscpww said:

Yes it is. No one does that.

Nesikep":v6kuw0mp said:
You can be sure he's ruined it for anyone else

That's the truth. We're all paying for the sins of our fathers on so many things. I can't imagine what it's going to be like for my son's children, and their children.

It's not out of the question that some people know people who know people, who aren't very nice people and he could get a visit from them someday.. it would just be such a shame.

I know there are employers out there who take advantage of their employees, and for that we do need a labour board, but this is certainly not one of those cases, the guy was being generous and gets bitten for it.. I told him to let me know and update as I hear more

Apparently the real employee is on his employers side, but they won't call on him or ask him his take of the situation...

callmefence":3jkdotus said:

I am interested in the fencing business can I come hang out and watch you put up fence?

wacocowboy":1opqub7x said:
callmefence":1opqub7x said:

I am interested in the fencing business can I come hang out and watch you put up fence?
If you pay me enough I might let you come here and learn hands-on... y'know there's no replacement for hands on experience!

Nesikep":2m3sseo0 said:
wacocowboy":2m3sseo0 said:
callmefence":2m3sseo0 said:

If you pay me enough I might let you come here and learn hands-on... y'know there's no replacement for hands on experience!

2 problems

1 you are far far away. Would love to see your part of the country, but dang that is a long ways for a cowpoke who don't travel.

2 I am more of a visual learner lol

wacocowboy":3g705wor said:
Nesikep":3g705wor said:
wacocowboy":3g705wor said:

2 problems

1 you are far far away. Would love to see your part of the country, but dang that is a long ways for a cowpoke who don't travel.

Waco I'm not that far and for a reasonable price I can offer you a 30 day class in hill country fence building.
No watching here. You be allowed to get right in there. We can assure you that you'll learn right and sleep really good at night.
You'll also learn to drink beer and fish on Friday evening.(You will be required to buy beer)

Come on and we will get all the liability waivers signed and get you started.

30 day course requires full payment up front.
Students should bring 30 pair's of good leather gloves. And a large bottle of ibuprofen

Some people know people who know people, who aren't very nice people and he could get a visit from them someday.. it would just be such a shame.
I like that statement and feel it should be used in many other situations.

kenny thomas":2q608a0j said:
Some people know people who know people, who aren't very nice people and he could get a visit from them someday.. it would just be such a shame.
apparently the guy is on welfare, so countersueing would be unrewarding... that's the next best thing

callmefence":3429fbyr said:
wacocowboy":3429fbyr said:
Nesikep":3429fbyr said:

2 problems

Waco I'm not that far and for a reasonable price I can offer you a 30 day class in hill country fence building.
No watching here. You be allowed to get right in there. We can assure you that you'll learn right and sleep really good at night.
You'll also learn to drink beer and fish on Friday evening.(You will be required to buy beer)

Come on and we will get all the liability waivers signed and get you started.

30 day course requires full payment up front.
Students should bring 30 pair's of good leather gloves. And a large bottle of ibuprofen

Lol You should print you up a brochure.

Nesikep":2gd7zhk5 said:
kenny thomas":2gd7zhk5 said:
apparently the guy is on welfare, so countersueing would be unrewarding... that's the next best thing

I think shoving a hot branding iron up somewhere could be pretty rewarding.

wacocowboy":2lhmx68s said:
Nesikep":2lhmx68s said:
kenny thomas":2lhmx68s said:

better not be your brand!

Nesikep":2uy0ok9t said:
wacocowboy":2uy0ok9t said:
Nesikep":2uy0ok9t said:

better not be your brand!

Yeah that would not be a wise move.

Latest posts