bball - another calf as you ask

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Hooks Broadway Sired bull calf. Born 9/27/17. So about 2 months old. Dam is a Fire Sweep Simmentals PB cow. Second calf. Calf was 70 pounds at birth. 278 day gestation.

2z6rrf6.jpg

1441c8o.jpg

Sharp! Let's see if he grows into that rump.
Thanks for posting the pics. Enjoy them thoroughly.

bball":1rwcpitl said:
Sharp! Let's see if he grows into that rump.
Thanks for posting the pics. Enjoy them thoroughly.

I will get some more up. Nice bunch of calves. But beware. Fire Sweep says my pictures stink the whole farm up.

Looks like he could make a good one. Probably won't have any trouble selling him with that blaze face. Have received several calls about blaze face, star face bulls but none about solid black ones.

FlyingLSimmentals":1c22mjb6 said:
Looks like he could make a good one. Probably won't have any trouble selling him with that blaze face. Have received several calls about blaze face, star face bulls but none about solid black ones.

Mike. As anyone who reads my posts already knows, Kris works up all my matings. If I divert from that it is very very rare. I made a statement in response to True Grit that she does not breed for white face or excess white but she does not avoid the white star or blaze like this one above. She and I have talked about the ones I am getting with too much white like this calf:
33kf0k9.jpg

I don't want too much of that especially with fall calves.

The calf in the OP is going to sell well out in Missouri. I had one out there this fall that I think this one is going to beat. The calf in the OP has a granddam named Summer that Kris loves. I had Summer here last year. While she was here I bred her to HPF OPTIMIZER. That calf is a tank! I cannot remember what Kris named him but it was funny. Summer is a long long long cow. I see it in this calf. Summer is so long, it makes her look a little shallow but she is a great cow. I like having her daughter in my herd.

Our first chrome feeder calves sold right there price wise with the black ones the first year. This last go around dad took a beaten with it on one. Grader told dad it wasn't because of the coloring but that it was his muscling that he wouldn't fit with the ones in the pen. I think the color played a big factor but then again he was a good muscling calf. I think we only had 4 with excessive white in 2 1/2 calf crops from our blaze bull.
Yes I'm sure he'll sell good out there in Missouri. All my phone calls have been coming from Missouri, Illinois, and Tennessee. Got one sold to Illinois, and another possibly to Missouri if he test out to be Homo Black. I'm somewhat getting tired of delivering.
The 2nd calf might have too much white but he looks like a growing machine, I think he likes that feed.

Dad just saw the pic over my shoulder and said Tag It Discount Calf :lol: . Yeah you can tell he's still hurting from his beaten. Oh well, we shouldn't have anymore for a while with Vegas here. About the only white we're getting now is on the underline or just a tip on the tail or a slim white sock on the back feet. Mostly just solid Black little heifer calves. So many that look alike also being the same sex I can't tell them apart.

Latest posts