Battery Powered Chainsaw

Help Support CattleToday:

Jason has the pruner too and we use it a lot, my Milwaukee does not fit as nice in the saddle bags unless I use the big set. The battery is definitely better on my Milwaukee.
Do you have one of the little 12V Milwaukee pruners, or were you referring to the 18V saw?

Do you have one of the little 12V Milwaukee pruners, or were you referring to the 18V saw?
The 12v pruner. It is about 3" longer than the Stihl and just a touch wider. Fits my canvas bags ok but not the leather pair I usually ride with. Just keep pruning shears and a little folding saw in them.

I agree with being extra careful. I am used to a big Echo gas powered saw that I use on pecans and oaks and mesquites. When I first looked at the battery powered chain saw I thought, "what a nice little toy". Then, I was not careful and came within a fraction of a millimeter of cutting into my thumb joint. The battery powered saw is nowhere near as powerful as a gas powered Stihl or Echo, but it is certainly sharp enough and powerful enough to rip chunks of flesh out of your body.

I took the dewalt out today and was extremely impressed. It cut through some 2-3" and 4-6" oak limbs in some cattle pens. Then I went and cut some huisatche trees with the larger ones being 4-6" out of a hay trap. I was able to hold and cut with one hand no problem even with the larger battery. I ended up cutting more than I intended and never saw a sign of the battery weakening.

I have some video but need to upload them to a host to post them. 20220408_152816.jpg20220408_152834.jpg

More a comment on electric saws. I have an Ozito brand elec saw. Very happy. It came with a 3/8p safety chain. I got Stihl brand Chain for it great up grade. Go Milwaukie as you already have the batteries. My tip is you need a battery in use and a spare who is on the charger or ready to go. It's so easy to use.

Latest posts