battery exploded

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
I had a 4dlt battery by ever start on a 4610 Ford tractor. Should have taken it back a long time ago. It would blow the caps of off the battery. Sunday I was starting the tractor and nothing. I put a 10 amp 12 volt charger on it overnight. First when trying to crank went try but then not do anything. I cleaned the battery post and connected the positive and negative to their respected post. Hit the tractor and the battery exploded. I was on the other side with the half hood open and nothing hit me. Battery was two years old. Had a 1 year replacement and might have had more but could not find the receipt and the information on the battery about warranty was gone.

hurleyjd":6w8dj2rn said:
I had a 4dlt battery by ever start on a 4610 Ford tractor. Should have taken it back a long time ago. It would blow the caps of off the battery. Sunday I was starting the tractor and nothing. I put a 10 amp 12 volt charger on it overnight. First when trying to crank went try but then not do anything. I cleaned the battery post and connected the positive and negative to their respected post. Hit the tractor and the battery exploded. I was on the other side with the half hood open and nothing hit me. Battery was two years old. Had a 1 year replacement and might have had more but could not find the receipt and the information on the battery about warranty was gone.

everstart are the worst batteries had one that came with a 8n of mine TERRIBLE I think they are sold at walmart... Cant go wrong with Interstate or autozone batteries they have done me great.

I had a Toyota OEM battery (JCI) explode on me years back. It was in the single digits so I had the charger plugged in the old Ford 3000 all day. Unhooked the charger but left the hood open and hit the key. It sounded like a shotgun went off in my face. I was no more than 2 feet away, so have no idea how it didn't get in my eyes because my face and clothes were all covered in acid. All the pieces of the case also managed to miss me, so it could have been a lot worse than it was.

Hazard of all batteries is they give off hydrogen gas. An internal or external spark and your off to the races.
Hydrogen LEL is 2% and UEL 78% it has the widest explosive range of all the gases.

skyhightree1":2f7mjha7 said:
hurleyjd":2f7mjha7 said:

everstart are the worst batteries had one that came with a 8n of mine TERRIBLE I think they are sold at walmart... Cant go wrong with Interstate or autozone batteries they have done me great.

Interstate not much better than any other battery now. I bought a 4dlt battery at Sams Yesterday. Duracell is the brand did not know Durcell made a 4dlt battery.

I was a gas pump jockey back in HS. A man pulled in one day all in a hurry. Didn't want his oil checked and nothing under the hood. Just wanted a couple of dollars gas. He went to crank up and leave and nothing. We opened his hood and there was no battery left. Nothing but terminals. We found piece parts on the fender well.

hurleyjd":39yn3qk1 said:
skyhightree1":39yn3qk1 said:
hurleyjd":39yn3qk1 said:

Interstate not much better than any other battery now. I bought a 4dlt battery at Sams Yesterday. Duracell is the brand did not know Durcell made a 4dlt battery.

Really I never any issues with interstate

Had one blow up a couple feet away from my head one time. Was deaf in one ear for a while. Shards of plastic stuck in me, acid ruined all my clothes.. etc

Caustic Burno":3mm13th5 said:
Don't know if is true I have heard there is only one US maker of all lead acid batteries.
I always heard three, but actually there's four.
Johnson Controls, Excide, EnerSys, and Aqua Metals.
I think Aqua Metals is relatively new.

Thats why you always need to make sure your deck lid is open and will stay open (if its windy) when recharging your trolling motor batteries. Most of the time they sit right next to the plastic gas tank.

Latest posts