Bass Pro Buys Cabelas

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":2x6l89a1 said:
Mr. Johnny Morris is a self made billionaire thanks to outdoorsmen.

:shock: I never got pass digging worms for my future billon dollar business..... "Uncle Al's Bait Shop"

Alan":1486bcv0 said:
TexasBred":1486bcv0 said:
Mr. Johnny Morris is a self made billionaire thanks to outdoorsmen.

:shock: I never got pass digging worms for my future billon dollar business..... "Uncle Al's Bait Shop"
:lol: :lol: Me either Alan. But I've contributed a lot to Mr. Morris' financial status over the years.

They just built the first Cabelas in Portland last year, there's been one about 70 miles north of me for a few years. No Bass Pro Shops out here.

The outdoor industry has certainly grown in leaps and bounds since I was a kid. I don't hunt, but I do enjoy taking my kids. You can burn through some cash pretty fast if your not careful.

Alan":cog5q2sm said:
They just built the first Cabelas in Portland last year, there's been one about 70 miles north of me for a few years. No Bass Pro Shops out here.

Alan there is a Bass Pro Sop in Tacoma right along I-5. The Cabela's in Lacey has been there for about 10 years now (time flies when you are having fun).

I don't shop at either one. I find them over priced and not the top end on quality. If I need outdoor gear I go to Sportsman's Warehouse or Bob's in Longview...... but I don't tend to support big national firms of any kind if there is an alternative.

Dave":1ng5v4yt said:
Alan":1ng5v4yt said:

Alan there is a Bass Pro Sop in Tacoma right along I-5. The Cabela's in Lacey has been there for about 10 years now (time flies when you are having fun).

I don't shop at either one. I find them over priced and not the top end on quality. If I need outdoor gear I go to Sportsman's Warehouse or Bob's in Longview...... but I don't tend to support big national firms of any kind if there is an alternative.

Never knew about Bass Pro in Tacoma, I never get north of Longview unless it's for a pizza in Castle Rock. :lol:

We stopped at the new one in Portland a couple of months ago, saw the same thing high priced stuff. Bob's in Longview is were I buy most of my stuff... well except handguns.

Alan":2ysl9525 said:
Dave":2ysl9525 said:
Alan":2ysl9525 said:

Never knew about Bass Pro in Tacoma, I never get north of Longview unless it's for a pizza in Castle Rock. :lol:

We stopped at the new one in Portland a couple of months ago, saw the same thing high priced stuff. Bob's in Longview is were I buy most of my stuff... well except handguns.

I certainly don't blame you for not going up to Tacoma. I use to say it was against my religion to go to King County. I have since moved that line south to the Nisqually River. When I go to Goldendale I take 14 up the Washington side of the river to avoid combat driving by the Portland airport and out to Troutdale.

But pizza in Castle Rock...... haven't stopped there in years...... Hmmmm

callmefence":3i36t85a said:
If this screws with the points on my cabelas visa, there's gonna be be nice trouble.
Got nearly enough to buy one out I figure...
You got that right!

Dave, the pizza place, right off the freeway in castle rock still does things right. They are one of the few places that uses a stone oven rather the the rack that moves the dough through a machine hoping it's done. They have the little, spicy, pepperoni and plenty of toppings. Down side is they're a little spendy, around $28 for a large three topping pizza, but I still drive 45 minutes one way just for a pizza...... knowing I get to eat my fill on the way home. :lol:

Sorry for the hi jack, I need to go to Castle Rock for a good pizza.

callmefence":329x0tgj said:
If this screws with the points on my cabelas visa, there's gonna be be nice trouble.
Have the "Cabela's Black" card too?
I typically use American Express but I have one for any Visa/Mastercard needs. Built up an awful lot of Cabela's points, LOL.

js1234":kb1ognsi said:
callmefence":kb1ognsi said:
Have the "Cabela's Black" card too?
I typically use American Express but I have one for any Visa/Mastercard needs. Built up an awful lot of Cabela's points, LOL.
I only have one card. I love to use it at basspro, almost always gets a rise out of the clerks.

Will be major job losses for Sidney Nebraska a town of 7000 where 2000 works at Cabela's corporate. :( No other
"big towns" to commute to for a job for at least 100 miles around. They have a big distribution facility in Sidney and Cabela's does have more stores out west whereas Bass Pro has more east so hopefully they keep the Sidney distrib facility and Sidney store (it's a big one) open. Sidney could ship product out west and Springfield east.

I live an hour away from the original BPS in Springfield, MO.

Might as well be Disney World. Prices 10-20% higher than competitors, always packed with drooling masses, and lots of attractions for tourists.

If I want to get stuff at a decent price with no crowds, I hit up Academy.

Atimm693":37jw5ryu said:

Might as well be Disney World. Prices 10-20% higher than competitors, always packed with drooling masses, and lots of attractions for tourists.

A lot of those folks are simply tourist "looking around". Don't spend a penny.

To avoid the drive the closest Academy is 60 miles the internet is my friend mainly buy Ammo at Able's Ammo out of Huntsville reloading supplies through BPI or Grafs on line.
Mainly just hit the sales on Cabelas or Bass Pro.
We have a gun shop in town that has the best selection anywhere I have seen they just can't compete in bulk. Now if you need something unique like 44 Long Colt they have it.

Atimm693":14xcpv2i said:

Cabelas is expensive too. I buy what I can at Walmart then scheels then there as a last resort. Nearest scheels is 2.5 hours and Cabelas only one so often for little items cheaper to just pay more at Cabelas.