Baseball opener

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Minnesota Twins have as good a record as anyone else before the home opener is played today.

Once upon a time I was a big baseball fan.
The millionaire vs billionaire baseball strike of 1994/95 soured me to the point that ever since I've only bothered to
watch playoffs - world series. A friend offered me free tickets last season to go and at least checkout Target Field
which was new in 2010 and I just said, "Nah, I'm good." But as a kid I loved everything about the entire season. :(

I have enough paint to watch fry so never got into baseball other then playing it in school.

I go to a couple of St. Louis Cardinal games a year when I get tickets given to me. Rarely watch them on TV but will listen on the radio if I'm in the shop. I do watch the playoffs and get pretty wound up in it.

My son had his 10U baseball opener yesterday as well. Won one lost one. He played fair and said he had fun. Off to a two day tourney next weekend.

I love baseball but today's games seem to go on forever!! If I was made the Commissioner of Baseball for one day, the very first thing I would do would be to start a timer on the pitcher. Look at basketball... once you get the ball you go on a 25 second "Shot Clock". This really helped speed up the game. My rule for baseball would be once the pitcher gets the ball back from the catcher, he has 25 seconds to pitch his next pitch. If he fails to do so, the runner takes his base and it's counted as a "Walk" against the pitcher. Just my thoughts...

TN Cattle Man":n11dwe0y said:
I love baseball but today's games seem to go on forever!! If I was made the Commissioner of Baseball for one day, the very first thing I would do would be to start a timer on the pitcher. Look at basketball... once you get the ball you go on a 25 second "Shot Clock". This really helped speed up the game. My rule for baseball would be once the pitcher gets the ball back from the catcher, he has 25 seconds to pitch his next pitch. If he fails to do so, the runner takes his base and it's counted as a "Walk" against the pitcher. Just my thoughts...
There's only one rule, though, that refers to a specific amount of time in which an in-game action must be conducted. That's rule 8.04, the "12-second rule."

When the bases are unoccupied, the pitcher shall deliver the ball to the batter within 12 seconds after he receives the ball. Each time the pitcher delays the game by violating this rule, the umpire shall call "Ball."

dun":1t38x5tb said:
TN Cattle Man":1t38x5tb said:
There's only one rule, though, that refers to a specific amount of time in which an in-game action must be conducted. That's rule 8.04, the "12-second rule."

When the bases are unoccupied, the pitcher shall deliver the ball to the batter within 12 seconds after he receives the ball. Each time the pitcher delays the game by violating this rule, the umpire shall call "Ball."

I have never heard of this rule Dun... is it ever enforced?

TN Cattle Man":2xnqicqa said:
dun":2xnqicqa said:
TN Cattle Man":2xnqicqa said:

I have never heard of this rule Dun... is it ever enforced?
I don;t think so. I was trying to find that pitcher that took a couple of minutes between pitches some years ago and found that.

I'm a fair weather fan. If the teams doing well and the weather's nice it's fun to be at the ballpark. Luckily a good friend is always hooking me up with great seats. Here's my daughter 2 years ago in the dugout loge at an Indians game. Right next to the dugout you can talk to the players through a net. Fully catered also. A memorable experience for sure.

Latest posts