Baseball is fun again!

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
We follow the Royals, and this year has really been something. Got a wild card slot and won that game but it took 12 innings. Then they started a best of 5 series with the Angels, the best team in baseball - on paper anyways. The series started in LA. Royals won the first game, it took 11 innings. Won the next game in Ca., came home and won again last night to sweep them in 3 games.

It's been a long dry spell! Royals won the World Series in 1985, they were down 3 games to zip, came back and won 4 games in a row to rob St. Louis. Since then, they haven't even made the playoffs. Until this year.

One of the pitchers, I forget his name, came right from college ball to the majors. He pitched in the college world series in June. It would set a record probably never to be broken if the Royals make it to the World Series and he pitches there, too.

Baseball is fun again. Really?
signed,
disgruntled Astros fan.

But I really love baseball--I like football a LOT, but I LOVE baseball.

I can say I cheered for the Royals for the first time in my life last night. Never have cheered against them just not for them. Glad to see them playing well.

J&D Cattle":otez55ko said:
I can say I cheered for the Royals for the first time in my life last night. Never have cheered against them just not for them. Glad to see them playing well.
Now if the Cards can jus follow suit

dun":1go3r8no said:
J&D Cattle":1go3r8no said:
Now if the Cards can jus follow suit

I sure hope so Dun. I've got my Buds iced down and ready for game time. :drink:

GB, that would be a great series but I'd like a different victor this time. ;-)

Yep, the Cards are in the playoffs, too. Might have to watch their game tonight since the Royals are off til Friday due to their sweep. It would just be deja vu all over again to have another I-70 World Series. I wouldn't even cry if the Cards won it.

Molina just doubled and Wong homered. Yay....

I might have cried just a little in 85....

Brandon Finnegan is the kids name who they drafted this year and pitched in the CWS and has been pitching lights out in the MLB playoffs. He has around a 1.3 ERA in around 30 innings pitched so far in the minors and majors. I would imagine that the Royals have been picking up some new fans with their small ball style. They steal, bunt, hit & run, dive, slide and steal some more. They really are making it a lot of fun. Born in 84 and been a Royals fan since I could put on a glove... this has been a long long time coming. I honestly still cannot get my mind around the fact that the KC Royals are actually going to be playing in the ALCS. And World Series of course.

Cards moved one step closer to the NLCS. Hopefully they can rock Kershaw again tonight. Anybody know how much Royals ALCS tickets are going for? I went to game 5 or 6 last year of the World Series and my ticket was $200. Talked to a guy yesterday that went to the 1985 I-70 series in KC and said he gave $100/ticket for him and his boys. I would have thought their would have been a bigger price gap with nearly 30 years passing.

Well the Cards won their series so we are one step closer to a Missouri World Series. Bring it, it will be fun no matter who wins!

Brett sure was something in his day! I remember the "pine tar" game, I thought he was gonna have a stroke.

The Royals have had some great players even though they are not often a contending team. And the Kauffmans were great owners, may they rest in peace.

StLC2.jpg

Royals won again tonite - up 3 games to zip in the series. We have to win 1 more game to go to World Series. So I think we're going! Cards are behind by a game in theirs.

It's been funny to hear the announcers do a 180 turnaround. The wild card game they threw out stat after stat that the Royals were not as good as other teams. At first acted like it was just a formality to let them play...they couldn't possibly win. But they did, and every game since they keep getting more complimentary.

MO_cows":2oqs4168 said:
Royals won again tonite - up 3 games to zip in the series. We have to win 1 more game to go to World Series. So I think we're going! Cards are behind by a game in theirs.

It's been funny to hear the announcers do a 180 turnaround. The wild card game they threw out stat after stat that the Royals were not as good as other teams. At first acted like it was just a formality to let them play...they couldn't possibly win. But they did, and every game since they keep getting more complimentary.
Mute button. 5 commentators? Really. Just like ESPN and NBC Sunday night NFL. Way too many peeps talking. Way too many so called "experts"

Cards need to focus and get it together. I'm happy for the Royals for sure. Just need to get STL playing D like them so we can have this matchup

Latest posts