barrel racing

Help Support CattleToday:

Hang on and go fast! After that it's all about practice and feel. Make sure your horse isn't going to anticipate the turn or it may turn too soon and knock over the barrel. Good Luck!

Takes lots of practice. And I mean LOTS. Not only for you, but your horse. Ya can't just take in a horse that's never done barrels before and expect them to do it well. Wish ya the best of luck. But my best advice is...take it slow........at home or where ever you ride for practice......don't add speed into the deal until the horse is ready.

jersey lilly":1wp3qt29 said:
Takes lots of practice. And I mean LOTS. Not only for you, but your horse. Ya can't just take in a horse that's never done barrels before and expect them to do it well. Wish ya the best of luck. But my best advice is...take it slow........at home or where ever you ride for practice......don't add speed into the deal until the horse is ready.

The horse does them all the time, but I havent done it. I just held of for dear life and turned when I thought it was the right time. DIDNT kncock any barrel over...

There are some really awesome horses that I have seen that are trained so awesomely, the kid barely has to do anything but pick up that inside rein and the horse just digs and swings his butt around that barrel.

I've saw a few not so bright people that will just take like simple trail riding horse and try to run barrels...and they can't figure out why the turns are so wide. Barrel horses are major athletes.

-Angus Girl

Latest posts