Barnyard/Redneck/Farm/Ranch Olympics

Help Support CattleToday:

Anguscollegekid

Reaction score
What are your best Barnyard/Redneck/Farm/Ranch Olympics games? (What can aggie college kids do for an evening that's worth some laughs? This is what I have so far:

Hog Calling
Paint a Pig
Egg Toss
Water Balloon Toss
3 Legged race
Bucket of Water Race
Hay Toss
Herdin Livestock
Javelin Toss (Sorting Stick)
Tug O'War
Cowboy Golf (Livestock Paddles)
Barrel Racing
Team Roping
Mud Pit Belly Flop?
Inner Tube Roll
Shovel Race
Boot Race

Any suggestions would be great, serious or otherwise! :)

We use to have hay stacking, this was a 2 people timed event.

Instead of shovel race we had, post hole digging contest, it was a timed event with specific depth and width.

We had dress a pig contest, you had to catch it and then put baby cloths on it

I think you have some pretty good one already!

Oh almost for got, This was one of our none official events, Rat killing! Well they were Gophers. I am not going to say anymore about it to protect the innocent, but now 8 or 10 of us on any given night, we had fun! ;-)

I go to NC State, here we call them Ag-Olympics. We have: Cheerwine chug, hay bale toss, a dizzy bat sack race, a wheelbarrow race (with one team member actin as the wheelbarrow), tape the tail on the cow (a live cow), potato polo (maybe like your cowboy golf)...........

didnt see cow pie bingo or cow chip toss

i think watchin a few fellas trying to hogtie a full grown sheep would be entertaining :p

Thanks for all the great ideas, everyone! Freddie-can you explain the Cheerwine chug, dizzy bat sack race, and potato polo? Sound very interesting but unfortunatley, I'm not too familar with them.

Thanks so much, this is great! Keep 'em coming.

Cheerwine is a softdrink/pop or whatever you want to call it down here, the Cheerwine chug is the same idea as chuggin beer-first one to empty the bottle wins, except the university cannot get you for under age drinking, contributing to the delinquency of minors etc.

the dizzy bat sack race-put the knob of a baseball bat on your forehead and the barrel on the ground spin around until you're dizzy then hop in a feed sack and race to the finish line

potato polo-tie an irish potato on one end of a piece of baler twine and tie the other end to your belt then try to knock a ball (a baseball/softball/etc) through/into a goal, I guess it is more in the line of croquet than polo

tape the tail on the cow-one heifer in a show ring, one person blindfolded with a length of rope with duct tape on one end, and one/two to give him directions where to go; the group that tapes the "tail" the closest to he heifer's tail head wins

anybody got anymore (that universities wouldn't consider cruelty to animals)

Latest posts