Barn Cats??

Help Support CattleToday:

funky 4-Her

Reaction score
So out of pure curisoity...how many barn cats does everyone have?

I think I counted somewhere around 20 tonight, way too many in my opinion, and we have another litter on the way.

I thought it was just our dogs that ate kittens... We found one out in the field that the dog had burried alive. We dont have that dog anymore, she got visious(sp) so we put her down :(
What kind of dog do you have that does that? Ours was a blue heeler x catahoula

My Rat Terriers keep the barn rat AND cat free! Terriers 7
Cats 0

I have one male and one female barn cat ~ both are spayed. Neither of our dogs (golden and aussie) would dream of touching an animal on our place. They have both tried it once and probably still have bad dreams about it.

total 8 cats on property, my one house cat, who is afraid if you say boo!!, and 7 barn cats which come and go in the house as they wish. one is the mama cat to three others before we could get her spayed, (her three young'ns are spayed and neuter now too) and a four yr old neutered declawed cat that someone dropped off on us allong with 2 kittens, one of whom had a bad end on our road, the other had one kitten before we could get her spayed. (i named him Uno and he's neutered now too)

my jack russell likes to play with cats too but he knows to be gentle with them or he's in deeeep %@#%.

We have three the in laws have i
One cat is a stray...very friendly
Husband was tracking a fisher who was in the bee yard. Took a shot at it sitting a fence post. Missed.
Next thing we knew it was in our barn hungery and cold. Took it to the shop and fed it and warmed it up...he's so friendly. Our three are good hunters. Brings home a few weasles. They like to fish from the Father in laws pail of fish from ice fishing.

There were 8 spayed- neutered cats( we had to trap them to
catch them) :mad: The word here is WERE: one was run over by a car in front of the house, one was "accidently " :roll:
kicked and stomped by a horse, one was "accidently" shot
while shooting groundhogs :eek: , and one just plain ran away.
( probably after seeing the other 3 in kitty body bags::: i.e.
empty feed sacks :shock: ) So, there are currently 4 cats-
but the day is still young! That number can go down in an
instant! :p

We have barn swallows and bats (and used to have some roosters) that live in our barns. We try not to have any cats, but we will see one every now and again. My dad, who is really into trapping, tells me they make pretty good coyote bait :shock: ...

Double A":wl9q9qkr said:
My dad, who is really into trapping, tells me they make pretty good coyote bait :shock: ...

Yeah my dad said the same thing...

He used a chicken that died for raccoon bait a while ago out in the corn patch, I think he said he got 7 of em or something before the chicken was gone.

we've got 2. 1 male, 1 female. but a few years ago, we had 18 at one time. WAY TOO MANY!!!