Bareback riding

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
Had a bit of a revelation yesterday when I jumped on patch and rode him bareback at the end of our riding session, back down to his paddock.

I loved it. For the first time on a horse I actually felt natural, balanced and coordinated. I felt in touch with the horse, it was lovely.

Rode bareback most of the time-could jump and race..sure does improve your balance..

Keren":1gkng135 said:
Had a bit of a revelation yesterday when I jumped on patch and rode him bareback at the end of our riding session, back down to his paddock.

I loved it. For the first time on a horse I actually felt natural, balanced and coordinated. I felt in touch with the horse, it was lovely.

Sounds almost "orgasmic". :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":246v1sge said:
Keren":246v1sge said:

Sounds almost "orgasmic". :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Is this the time to post "save a horse, Ride a cowboy?" Sorry, Texas Bred started it.

I had a breeding stock paint that i rode bareback all the time. Just used a lead rope and a halter. she rode like a cadilac. Keren, I know the feeling.

Beckett

When I was riding alot I alternated riding bareback to help my balance. Riding bareback creates a different type of stretch in your leg, mostly in the upper thigh-base of support region then when using stirrups, it was real good therapy. Riding bareback is real good for riders who have the habit of gripping with the lower leg and heel too often, gets your knee (rider base-of-support) area on the horse. Alot of cumbersome, bulky type saddles have the effect of spreading you legs apart and teaches you to keep your knees off the horse too much.

I rode bareback alot as a kid..its nice when youve got a cushy, round backed horse..not so nice when you've got a high withered, boney backed horse..MAJOR wedgie!

we rode bareback most of the time growing up we couldnt afford saddles,, just lucky to have a horse back then my uncle and sister were naturals,, i remember him after riding all day,, going at a dead run jump off a 15 ft river bank into the water on his old half blind hoss :cowboy: