Barbed wire

Help Support CattleToday:

I only have a limited experience with Hi-Tensile but I liked it once it was up but it was a pain to work with.

I like the hi tensile. To me its easier to work with and easier to get taught. Had a tree fall on the fence yesterday evening and the cows decided to stroll to town. Got the cows back in and 4 of the 5 strands had busted clean into. 20 minutes later they were banjo tight again just waiting on another tree to fall on it.

if you are talking about that small gauge, long pointy barbs, twangy, evil wire from the place below, I HATE it. Bought a roll 20 years ago, most of it is still on the roll rusting away in the junk pile I think. Give me the good old 12 1/2 gauge stuff you can actually work with.

I have never seen the small gage, hi tensile, pretend barb wire until we looked at places in the southeast. I hate working with it but I notice the only place its rusted is where some ding dong stapled it to a tree. I wonder if real barb wire won't take the moisture down here.@

Hippie Rancher":30g3hlyo said:
if you are talking about that small gauge, long pointy barbs, twangy, evil wire from the place below, I HATE it. Bought a roll 20 years ago, most of it is still on the roll rusting away in the junk pile I think. Give me the good old 12 1/2 gauge stuff you can actually work with.

It may be on the junk pile but I doubt that it's rusting. At least that's been my experience.

Cowdirt":1n9znx4i said:
Hippie Rancher":1n9znx4i said:

It may be on the junk pile but I doubt that it's rusting. At least that's been my experience.

that may be true, I just know I did not become enamored of it after a couple tries :mad:

Hippie Rancher":1hsq1ggg said:
Cowdirt":1hsq1ggg said:
Hippie Rancher":1hsq1ggg said:

that may be true, I just know I did not become enamored of it after a couple tries :mad:

I'll stick with RedBrand 12 1/2 gauge.

Latest posts