Barbed wire-which brand/style?

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef":3pcy74q2 said:
I just don't think the barbs really have that much effect..except on me

usually use a leather glove to put them on and it don't bother you a bit.. hmmm.. :lol2:

I put 8 strands of gaucho HT 15.5 barbed in around 200 acres about 10 years ago in a heavily wooded place. I'd like to see what it looks like today with all the deer pressure. Almost every strand was stapled to a tree. cheap posts.

dieselbeef":1box5gl2 said:
I like Gaucho HT barbed wire, it makes poachers pay the price when they hear or see you coming. But now they started cutting my fence along the back road to get in or out? We need a hunting season for poachers around here.

ddd75":2nohud95 said:
I put 8 strands of gaucho HT 15.5 barbed in around 200 acres about 10 years ago in a heavily wooded place. I'd like to see what it looks like today with all the deer pressure. Almost every strand was stapled to a tree. cheap posts.

If I remember to, I'll take a picture of some 40 year old gaucho tomorrow..I think it may be smaller than 15.5 some places tho.
The top strand is the old 12ga American Red Brand. It's so rusty and brittle, I've been afraid to touch it.

True Grit Farms":2f5vpl6y said:
dieselbeef":2f5vpl6y said:
I like Gaucho HT barbed wire, it makes poachers pay the price when they hear or see you coming. But now they started cutting my fence along the back road to get in or out? We need a hunting season for poachers around here.

Can a civilian buy bean bags or non lethal rounds for a firearm? If so, would there be anything illegal about shooting a trespasser using something of the sort? What about bear traps? Or pit bulls?

True Grit Farms":19q9qd8z said:
dieselbeef":19q9qd8z said:

guard dog about killed a lady 'walking' down my 1/2 mile *(to the house) lane.. looked out the window and some lady is just walking.. I opened to the door.. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

"JUST WALKING!!!!"

insane!! I went nuts on that idiot.

JMJ Farms":2a4dl51j said:
True Grit Farms":2a4dl51j said:
dieselbeef":2a4dl51j said:

Can a civilian buy bean bags or non lethal rounds for a firearm? If so, would there be anything illegal about shooting a trespasser using something of the sort? What about bear traps? Or pit bulls?
I don't know the answers except for the last one. But I'm not having any dogs running loose if I can help it.

Does any one have any experience with the Rangemaster High Tensile 15.5 gauge galv. 4 point wire made by Deacero? We sell the wire rope by Deacero and I have good pricing options from the MFG due to that.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.

It is what it is. Buy cheap from a steel company that makes fence wire, or buy quality from a fence company that only makes Fence wire.

SALTBRANCH2":1bm86bc8 said:
Does any one have any experience with the Rangemaster High Tensile 15.5 gauge galv. 4 point wire made by Deacero? We sell the wire rope by Deacero and I have good pricing options from the MFG due to that.

Brand aside.
I've never stretched any 15 gauge or lighter wire I was happy with.

Latest posts