BARBARO Rules, the time is now for horse racing reform

Help Support CattleToday:

BlondeFilly

Reaction score

It will take many years for me to overcome the tragedy of Barbaro, but with the Preakness, I have watched my last race. It is purely for man's profit that these magnificent, fragile creatures are pushed beyond their limit. George Vescey ("Racing Can't Afford More Tragedies," The Times, June 6) asks when animal rights' group are going to speak out against this human (NOT humane) narcissism. I ask the same question and mourn the loss of Barbaro.

[/url] http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/280490978

BlondeFilly":39iif4r5 said:

It will take many years for me to overcome the tragedy of Barbaro, but with the Preakness, I have watched my last race. It is purely for man's profit that these magnificent, fragile creatures are pushed beyond their limit. George Vescey ("Racing Can't Afford More Tragedies," The Times, June 6) asks when animal rights' group are going to speak out against this human (NOT humane) narcissism. I ask the same question and mourn the loss of Barbaro.

[/url] http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/280490978

It would have been more inhumane to not allow this horse to show his superiority. He was doing what he was destined to do.

What would you have him doing? laying around getting fat until someone decided he should be dog food? Or running around on the range and barely scavenging enough to eat?

This horse was treated better than most humans.

Nature can be so much more cruel than this.

Reform, in your eyes, would mean no more races, I suspect.
NFL players average 59 yrs life, considerably less than the average man. Athletes pay the price.
I don't have a problem with horse racing--conducted under strict rules without pain killers and other performance enhancers. The sport could tighten up its' rules on this.
I'm not sure how far apart we are on this issue, but your post taken to its' extremes would likely kill racing.
We all have to run.

Hundreds of thousands of human beings are being starved, slaughtered, and enslaved each year and you're worried about a horse? I don't condone the mistreatment of animals, and I can understand your concern, but gimme a break!

VanC":27kgdaa4 said:
Hundreds of thousands of human beings are being starved, slaughtered, and enslaved each year and you're worried about a horse? I don't condone the mistreatment of animals, and I can understand your concern, but gimme a break!

I do think there ought to be more oversight of the small race tracks 'cause I know that shady stuff goes on at them, but VanC, I do have to agree with your overall premise here.

Alice

Waaaaaaah!

Maybe you should watch what those horses do when they are out in a pasture by themselves. They LOVE to run.

want to bet this is a one time poster that has a peta, or animal rights agenda?
:mad:

has nothing to do with the horse itself just a way to get a message out! :mad: :mad:

Alice":2sgtic45 said:
VanC":2sgtic45 said:

I do think there ought to be more oversight of the small race tracks 'cause I know that shady stuff goes on at them, but VanC, I do have to agree with your overall premise here.

Alice

There is just as much going on at the big tracks as the small ones. Dont let the big shots fool you.

Horses are born to run. Go out in a field of foals and what do they do? Race each other. If not for racing barbaro wouldn't have been born. Gimme a break :roll: