barb wire fence roller

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Any one have a tractor powered or hydruliac powered fence wire roller and are you pleased with it and what brand.

I made a barb wire unroller once. Took a rod that would fit into my lift arms, drilled a hole in each end to keep the arms on.
Put the barb wire on the rod, if you wanted to unroll 2 at a time, take a disk blade and put in between your rolls.

I guess you would call it a Banjo brand :lol:

callmefence":jiunnpqa said:
hurleyjd":jiunnpqa said:
Any one have a tractor powered or hydruliac powered fence wire roller and are you pleased with it and what brand.

You trying to unroll wire or roll wire up.

I was wanting to roll wire up that had been taken down. Not as strong as I was I my younger years and need all the mechanized help I can get.

hurleyjd":1s883mwv said:
callmefence":1s883mwv said:
hurleyjd":1s883mwv said:

You trying to unroll wire or roll wire up.

I was wanting to roll wire up that had been taken down. Not as strong as I was I my younger years and need all the mechanized help I can get.

Never used one. Not a brand name one any way. I have bolted a 4 foot piece of pipe with a predrilled hole on a three point auger head. Put some down pressure on the pipe. Stick the wire through the hole and spin.. I don't think it's OSHA approved.

I know a guy who took the auger off a post hole digger. He took an old truck wheel welded some wings on it for more capacity and mounted the wheel on the digger. Hooked up the wire and cranked up the PTO. To say it wasn't OSHA approved would be an understatement. But it sure rolled up the wire.... in a hurry. To make it safer he would get off the tractor and stand around. Me, I would have wanted a cab tractor and even then I would have questioned how safe it was.

Latest posts