banned to the porch

Help Support CattleToday:

tuck

Reaction score
Just came back from feeding a little while ago and while I was at the barn I seen a gate that the cows had smashed up a little bit so I thought I would try to straighten it. Standing on one end and pulling the top back over, well the string broke on the other end so me and the gate went into about 6 inchs of muck, backside was covered along with my arm that I tried to catch my self with. Wife wouldn't even let me in the house, had to strip down on the back porch in 30 degrees I didn't find it as funny as her and the kids did!!! If it wasn't for all these millions I make raising cows I believe I would have to find another line of work. ;-)

It was a grass string, had a barn stall sectioned off with a wagon on the other side, just stuck an old gate there to keep them out of that side. Just had it tied up with grass string.

Tuck, next time take the mashed up gate out and lay it in the lane then drive over it. The old dually has straightened more than one gate.
Bent more than one too :oops:

certherfbeef":2vyal4ts said:
Tuck, next time take the mashed up gate out and lay it in the lane then drive over it. The old dually has straightened more than one gate.

Thought I was the only one to do it that way, but I usually use the tractor. It works very well.

Katherine

I have to do that to the square baler chute pretty often, I always get it to close to the wagon.

Workinonit Farm":35uiaudm said:
certherfbeef":35uiaudm said:

Thought I was the only one to do it that way, but I usually use the tractor. It works very well.

Katherine

The tractor comes in real handy for straightening those gates and panels, doesn't it Katherine? :lol: :lol: We do it, too!

Latest posts