Bangs vaccination

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have searched the Internet to find the answer to my question, but I can't find the specific information I need for the contents of the vaccination. Does anybody know what the contents of the "bangs vaccination" has in it?, and do the contents have any by products that would negate the fact of marketing the cattle as "Natural"? Thank you

[email protected]

Did you search under "Brucellosis" or bangs? May be more information under the former. I would contact a vaccine manufacturer and talk with them after your concerns.

dunmovin farms

> I have searched the Internet to
> find the answer to my question,
> but I can't find the specific
> information I need for the
> contents of the vaccination. Does
> anybody know what the contents of
> the "bangs vaccination"
> has in it?, and do the contents
> have any by products that would
> negate the fact of marketing the
> cattle as "Natural"?
> Thank you

Natural usually means no antibiotics and no hormones (or implants). Vaccinated cattle would be OK. Organic is much harder to qualify for. If you are trying to raise a group of calves as natural you have to keep good records on which ones have been treated with antibiotics. Some producers will put a tag in the ear opposite the ID tag at birth. Use a small tag so it won't be lost as easy. Cut it out when you have to treat the animal. When you are ready to sell, any calf with the second tag can go as natural.

[email protected]

Latest posts