banding vs. cutting

Help Support CattleToday:

D.R. Cattle":w6o1099o said:
Blackpower explain the bloodless knife procedure. I get blood every time. Not too much, but definitely can't call it bloodless.

I wouldn't say it TOTALLY bloodless but never enough that it ever runs out. I don't know how to explain it, it's all technique. Always cut across the seam of the sack, exposing the both nuts equally open is critical, when you have to dig for the nuts that's when you get bleeding. It takes practice to get good at it, theres just real short learning curve.

BLACKPOWER":2b4sxz93 said:
D.R. Cattle":2b4sxz93 said:
Blackpower explain the bloodless knife procedure. I get blood every time. Not too much, but definitely can't call it bloodless.

I wouldn't say it TOTALLY bloodless but never enough that it ever runs out. I don't know how to explain it, it's all technique. Always cut across the seam of the sack, exposing the both nuts equally open is critical, when you have to dig for the nuts that's when you get bleeding. It takes practice to get good at it, theres just real short learning curve.

And I'll go ahead and add what obviously doesn't need to be added. It makes everything easier on all concerned, and less bloody, if the knife is super-sharp and the cuts are made quickly.

Craig-TX