Banamine withholding

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the manufacturer. All of the literature adrresses IV administered withholding, most people give it IM.
The withholding for IM is 3 days for milk 30 days for slaughter

Jeanne - Simme Valley":27tpivc9 said:
Thanks for that info. Are you getting ready to ship something?

NOt for 28 days or so, if she lives that long

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1jm0xvle said:
Is this the cow that had surgery? I "assume" she's not doing real well?
Yup, she's the one. No milk at all, but she's eating some, just not nearly enough.

what?":2viwwfgl said:
dun":2viwwfgl said:
All of the literature adrresses IV administered withholding, most people give it IM.
and people wonder why we are finding so many drugs residues in cattle. it seems some can't even read a label. let me re word that MOST can't even read a label.

Sounds like a post some previous people that have been kicked off the boards would make. Hmmmm

and people wonder why we are finding so many drugs residues in cattle. it seems some can't even read a label. let me re word that MOST can't even read a label.[/quote]

Sounds like a post some previous people that have been kicked off the boards would make. Hmmmm[/quote]clearly the truth hurts here[/quote]

That confirms what I thought. Thanks

Its common knowledge that the company did not rewrite their paper work to include directions for IM because the costs(regulations) were not worth it, The drug reps got the word out to Veterinarians and it trickled down from there.
The IM route was tested for efficacy and withdrawl- that part was cheap and could be paid for out of increased off label use.

Latest posts