Balling the Tail

Help Support CattleToday:

Simmy93

Reaction score
So whats the easiest way to ball the tail?? I know there is a million different ways and shapes!! Thanks in advance!!

I haven't seen a "balled" tail for years. Generally a little fuller at the bottom, but not all glued and puffed.

heres how i do it...
take the outter band of hair on the tail and clip it up [i use one of my hair clips for this]. then thake whats not clipped and tease it with your comb. put a little ez comb in it if it won't tease. then spray your final teased inside with tail adhesive. next let down that clipped up hair and surround the teased part. spray it with tail adhesive and shape into a ball or like we do a rain drop shape. it looks a little more natural.

hope i could help!

TheBullLady":3mn9fdfj said:
I haven't seen a "balled" tail for years. Generally a little fuller at the bottom, but not all glued and puffed.

Actually starting to see it again up here. Kind of like leg warmers or bell bottoms?

iowahawkeyes":fzctet0m said:
TheBullLady":fzctet0m said:

Actually starting to see it again up here. Kind of like leg warmers or bell bottoms?

Same here. I've seen a lot of balled tails recently.....especially at bigger shows

What I used to do was trim the switch so that it was even with the hocks, then tease it up towards the center with a comb, then spray it with EZ comb while upside down. Make sure you don't tease the outside so that it kinda falls around the teased area. Good luck :D

Naw, I don't "ball" the tail, per se. But, a little pink oil sprayed into it and some combing sure make it turn out real nice and a little bouncy. Trimmed about even with the hocks, it looks great.

Latest posts