Bales hauling (other setup) pic

Help Support CattleToday:

gendronf

Reaction score
2006_1126Image0029.JPG

2006_1126Image0027.JPG

This is my setup for hauling and moving bales at my farm. The truck is a western star 1991 . I put 20 bales on the truck. On the traler 24 bales. You do'nt need a tractor to load or download. Take 20 minute to load and 15 to download (if the operarator is use to). There is 2 wires on yeach side of the load. We never remove those wire. This way the load is very well secure. If you want picture of the wire setup I can post it.
This truck save us lots of time.

Marcel

You Canadians come up with the neatest stuff. I think it has something to do with all the cold weather.

cfpinz

sidney411":24wev2zi said:
What was the origional use of that rig?

It's for wood. It's a Prentice 120C Log Loaders. The grab opening is 7 feet wide. With this you can lift over 2500 pounds when the arms are extended. For wood there is a chain inside the grab. For hay I just remove it .

cfpinz":1rftaf73 said:
You Canadians come up with the neatest stuff. I think it has something to do with all the cold weather.

cfpinz
has to be ;-) always like to watch prarie farm report. americans dont take the time to build stuff like that

ALACOWMAN":32ztra2p said:
cfpinz":32ztra2p said:

cfpinz
has to be ;-) always like to watch prarie farm report. americans dont take the time to build stuff like that

That's because it's so freaking cold up there they spend a lot of time in the heated shops all winter! :shock:

cfpinz

cfpinz":fao8i6qk said:
ALACOWMAN":fao8i6qk said:
cfpinz":fao8i6qk said:

cfpinz

That's because it's so freaking cold up there they spend a lot of time in the heated shops all winter! :shock:

cfpinz
no doubt. might need to take my chevelle up there give me more reason to finish it ;-)

cfpinz":2qzoq8o4 said:
ALACOWMAN":2qzoq8o4 said:
cfpinz":2qzoq8o4 said:

cfpinz

cfpinz

In summer I got another use for this machine. On each side of the grab, I put a metal plate of 6 feet wide, and this way, the grab become a large bucket. Then I use it like an excavator. I load manure in the spreadder or truck. It's faster than a loader and there is no spinning weels.

We can't afford to build stuff like that. Ever see any of those shops on the prairie farm report? I could set every building I own down inside one of their shops.

BlackBaldyMan":3k6fgqeb said:
On your hay in the background of the first picture next to that building, it looks like the bales are half wrapped with plastic for haylage?

Those bales are beside the building because that day or next, they will be eat by the cows. They are half wrapped because they had been moved.
They had been wrapped with an Anderson wrapper like the one at this address. Go at this address and you will understand why they are half wrapped when they are moved.

http://www.anderson-machineries.com/Eng ... apper.html

Marcel

Latest posts