Baler twine

Help Support CattleToday:

kickinbull

Reaction score
Look on site for big box T store 53 for 16 and 9. They have 20 that's 110 lb strength for 28. Is that similar to old binder twine?

Texasmark

Reaction score
The 110 that I bought recently is stated "for round balers" is 20,000 ft, 2 to a box and was about $35 at a chain farm store.....average price around here for the product. If you are comparing to square baler twine, it's a lot thinner and I don't know how it would tie as it's slick as a whistle.

dun

Reaction score
Texasmark":1wgl7sn9 said:
The 110 that I bought recently is stated "for round balers" is 20,000 ft, 2 to a box and was about $35 at a chain farm store.....average price around here for the product. If you are comparing to square baler twine, it's a lot thinner and I don't know how it would tie as it's slick as a whistle.
That's the main difference between sisal and plastic

JW IN VA

Reaction score
Anyone else use the 20000 size that comes in a single roll? Co-op sells it here and I really like it.It fits in the baler box about as well and 3 per side will last a long time.

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
Yes I've used the Big roll and prefer it over the twin pack rolls. I get it from NH for about 25 to 28 bucks and it's blue my favorite color. I used up some yellow last yr and didn't like it cause u can't see it on the roll.

Texasmark

Reaction score
dun":1pxijs9i said:
Texasmark":1pxijs9i said:
That's the main difference between sisal and plastic
When I was square baling with a JD 14T and 24T,I used the 9000' rolls of the orange plastic. It did real well.

Texasmark

Reaction score
JW IN VA":tx77p4rn said:
Anyone else use the 20000 size that comes in a single roll? Co-op sells it here and I really like it.It fits in the baler box about as well and 3 per side will last a long time.

I'd have to look at the box but I think the total for the 2 rolls in the box for $35 is 20,000 total, not 20,000 per roll. A roll makes a lot of bales. I don't think I have room in my JD 375 for much more than what I bought. It carries 3 per side is separate compartments, dual tie arms.