baler to buy what kind

Help Support CattleToday:

I once heard someone say that Vermeer makes the best, Hesston the tightest, and John Deere the most expensive. :D :lol:

I have a NH 847 right now and its a chain baler not a belt baler i like the bales it make's but the problem is it will bale a half a bale and then it will spit out the hay after that and i dont no y and it also make the hay really fine when it goes throught it... Could it be that my hay is to dry and its laying to long or does it need mostor to the hay bec i dont no what else to do to it i run it in 1st grear low and the pto is at 540 were its supost to be but i have run the pto higher and lower and still does the same thing so will some one please help me out ...

THe show maker

The Show Maker":3w34nvwy said:
I have a NH 847 right now and its a chain baler not a belt baler i like the bales it make's but the problem is it will bale a half a bale and then it will spit out the hay after that and i dont no y and it also make the hay really fine when it goes throught it... Could it be that my hay is to dry and its laying to long or does it need mostor to the hay bec i dont no what else to do to it i run it in 1st grear low and the pto is at 540 were its supost to be but i have run the pto higher and lower and still does the same thing so will some one please help me out ...

THe show maker

Two issues I see here:

1. Hay may be too dry and slips on the build up. A common occurence. Bale at 12% and you should be ok.

2. Run your baler at a slower turn rate. This allows more friction so the bale will continue to "eat" the hay you feed into the core.

I did some custom work last year that gave me all your probs. Slow down the feed rate - NOT your tractor speed.

Bez?

The Show Maker":2djne3m6 said:
it will bale a half a bale and then it will spit out the hay after that

by "spit the hay out" do you mean kick it back out the front or do mean it leaves hay behind you even though you can see a partial bale turning in the baler? maybe the gate is not latching?

The Show Maker":1qtkxhhv said:
i run it in 1st grear low and the pto is at 540 were its supost to be but i have run the pto higher and lower and still does the same thing so will some one please help me out
Besides baling it with more moisture and lowering your PTO speed, you might also try picking up a couple of gears and baling a little faster. Low 1st is really slow, no matter what kind of tractor you're running. Try crowding it more and see what happens.

ok that crouding it dont work it throws it out even more and hanges up and just want make a bale for nothing and the fast u got the more it clogges up and throughts hay bac at yeah out the front and yes the tail gate is shut.. The show maker