baler end gate wont raise

Help Support CattleToday:

gitnby

Reaction score
got case 5130 hooked to n holland 640 round baler ..been working fine .....get reaady to clean it up and end gate wont raise.....checked hoses ..all correct and pluged up....any suggestions please?..thanks

Can you hear the hydraulic pump loading when you engage the valve?

Mine is same to that latch on a NH 7060. The latch will stick on mine from time to time and I havent figured out yet why. Usually frees itself by cycling hydraulics down and up a few times. Don't know if that's it but worth a try.

yes ..checked safety lever..its fine.....the other tractor will raise door ,no problem. the pump is loading and door will try to raise maybe 2 inches.....how would i check the valves?....thanks all for the help

Sounds like your pump is shot on the tractor. Suppose it could be a restriction or stuck relief valve, hopefully somebody smarter than me will chime in. Test it with a pressure and flow meter. If other tractor is cycling it fine than at least you know it's on the tractor side.

Sounds like your pump is shot on the tractor. Suppose it could be a restriction or stuck relief valve, hopefully somebody smarter than me will chime in. Test it with a pressure and flow meter. If other tractor is cycling it fine than at least you know it's on the tractor side.
I have faulty quick connects on the tractor cause this problem with a V-rake

I'd agree, disconnect and reconnect the connections. Also be sure you have them in the correct position. Neighbor couldn't figure why things weren't working with his mower. He's use JD and was connecting the hydraulics on a Kubota. One goes up and down on one side, other has one on both sides.

Neigbour couldn't get his tailgate to raise on his RB560 New Holland this summer, turned out there was an air lock of some kind in the lines caused by the extreme heat / sunshine beating down on one side of the baler. Somehow he equalized the pressure from one side to the other and then it worked fine. Whoda thunk it

Does the tractor have dual remotes and have you tried switching the set of valves your working on? Also try the tractor on a different implement?

If you thought the connectors were the issue they would be easy and cheap enough to swap out or just flip them around and see will it raise and not lower.

I agree, try the other remote.

There is only one pump on those tractors, runs the steering, trans, remotes, 3pt, etc. If it steers and everything else works, not the pump.

If it won't raise in the other remote, you may have an O-ring blown out in the valve stack.

One of those push/pull couplers could also have a broken poppet that isn't pushing in the ball on the end of the hose.

if o ring is bad how would i fix it?...i have swaped remotes...no difference.....if ball on hose was bad would it work on the other tractor?.........thanks for the help

I would start by pressure testing at the remote valve. Then work my way back to the pump pressure and flow testing where possible. If the tractor uses one pump for everything then there must be one or more priority valves along the way that could be a problem.

Latest posts