Baler bearing

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog

Reaction score
I have an older model vermeer with the bearings for the rollers between 2 flanges . Burned one out last season and just now getting to it, ordered some {bearings ] online. Now the original ones have a radius on the outer part but the ones I ordered are 90 degrees and won't let the flanges bolt up flush, leaving about 3/16 gap between . Seems to work fine though , anyone else have this issue ? 11bucks vs 40 for the vermeer part , but this is the 3rd time recently that the online parts ive ordered have had some kind of issue and I'm starting to get a sour taste .

Spherical vs cylindrical

Any bearing house should be able to get the right bearing.
Price lots of times indicates quality.
Cheap imports don't last long so unless it's easy to change a higher quality bearing may be worth the higher price

That radius on the outside of the bearing is to let the bearing find it's alignment in the flange. The square bearing will not align itself.

turklilley":2lyjw0y7 said:
That radius on the outside of the bearing is to let the bearing find it's alignment in the flange. The square bearing will not align itself.
So , it's going to have a side load? The flange is equal all around . I'm going to try it, I can't send them back now, lesson probably learned the hard way , again .

Latest posts