Baleing Hay Before The Army Worms Get It

Help Support CattleToday:

endebt

Reaction score
I cut 33ac. of Costal on Monday and 30 ac. on Tue. To day i baled the 33 ac. I got 31 bales. Check the mosture and it was 20% or less so I think I am o. k. I will try and bale the 30 ac. tomorrow. The Army Worms are every where around me. Maybe it does pay to have your own equipment.

endebt":7957fknw said:
Maybe it does pay to have your own equipment.

This is batted around a lot but personally I think it does pay to own your own. Just too many IF's with the other argument.

Jogeephus":1elq7ykk said:
endebt":1elq7ykk said:
Maybe it does pay to have your own equipment.

This is batted around a lot but personally I think it does pay to own your own. Just too many IF's with the other argument.

"IF" is a mighty big word when rain or army worms are coming. I own mine...

Well the internet card died yesterday. I could not get on at all. I had to go back to dial up. (Very Ficking Slow) It drizzled rain allday yesterday,then last night it rained a guarter of an inch. To wet today to bale. Hopefully tomorrow i can finish up. This should be the last round bales, i plan to sq. bale 12 ac. in about a week.

Beautiful haybaling day here today. Hay was good and just right, not to dry and not to green.

Baling_Alicia.JPG

Vermeer 605L and a 2955 John Deere for baling.

Rearview.JPG

A look see in the rear view from the 2350.

Alicia_Bales.JPG

13 acre patch of Alica made 32 5x5 bales.

Supposed to start raining tomorrow. I'm not sure I believe that just yet.

grannysoo":209m79yc said:
That's some good looking grass. Maybe you'll get it all before it hopefully rains.

Got it in the barn this morning about an hour before it started raining.

Not that lucky.Got everything racked. The weather man says i have 3 hours till the rain. i hook up baler and start. everthing goes good for two hrs. Then with 8 wind rows left the bottom drops out 1 hour early. I mean it went to raining hard 1 inch in about 45 min. Well i got most of it. Some you win some you lose. ha.

It is nice when thing go right. Lady Luck has been riding shotgun all week for me. Actually, I could say since the beginning of September.

Next time you post pictures of haying I wish you would make your rows less straighterer otherwise you might give some on the board a complex. :oops: :oops: :lol2:

Oh, and leave a dibit or two here and there. Thanks.

Thankfully the camera doesn't take good enough pictures to show the shaggy. :p Naw, really this cut nicely. It was all standing upright and hadn't fallen over yet . Fire ants weren't a problem, some were their but the ground is like a sponge and they were not a problem. Not near as many as usuall either.

Found you one with "crooked" rows. But hey, that is the way the field is without cutting the ditch plus the treeline.
031.JPG

Latest posts